I'm thinking of getting insurance for the phone. I've never had nor ever used insurance, but having a phone totally wrapped in glass has made me think. Insurance through T-Mobile I'm skipping because the monthly cost is higher and deductible is also higher. That leaves Samsung premium and square trade. I really wish Samsung hadn't changed their plan. The old plan where you paid for a year ahead of time was much more appealing. But at least the deductible is decent. Square trade is far cheaper per year especially with a coupon code. And deductible is same at 99 bucks. I'm pretty sure any claim with Samsung would be handled fairly well and fast, but I've never used square trade. Are they a legit option here? Or avoid them?
    04-24-2017 06:32 PM
    I've used Squaretrade, but have never had to submit a claim. But what I had a concern with is that you can't renew your contract after the 2yr period. This could have changed, so check into it. But at least with traditional insurance, it's covered beyond that period which is typically when these phones decide to act up.
    04-24-2017 06:41 PM
    Not too worried about expiring after 2 years. At that point I normally sell and get a new device (due to battery degradation mostly, though this is supposed to be improved with the S8)
    jerseygirl likes this.
    04-24-2017 06:46 PM
    I'm thinking of getting insurance for the phone. I've never had nor ever used insurance, but having a phone totally wrapped in glass has made me think. Insurance through T-Mobile I'm skipping because the monthly cost is higher and deductible is also higher. That leaves Samsung premium and square trade. I really wish Samsung hadn't changed their plan. The old plan where you paid for a year ahead of time was much more appealing. But at least the deductible is decent. Square trade is far cheaper per year especially with a coupon code. And deductible is same at 99 bucks. I'm pretty sure any claim with Samsung would be handled fairly well and fast, but I've never used square trade. Are they a legit option here? Or avoid them?
    Not sure if it only applies to just the family plans, but I used promo code FP20 & got $20 off each phone.

A family plan for 1 year is $79 a phone. $158 for 2 phones is a good deal. $118 for 2 phones is even better.
    04-24-2017 07:07 PM
    Promo code phone20 $20 off, I'm using them now however have never submitted a claim after you sign up you get a link to download there app that summits your imei number and takes a screen shot of your phone by standing in front of a mirror, mine was $69 for a year with the $99 deductible sounds like a deal to me
    04-24-2017 07:07 PM
    I'm also curious to hear any personal experiences with the company. I've always had ascurion insurance through Verizon. You'll get a new oohone within 24hrs of your claim but the $200 deductible is rough. I plan on switching to squaretrade in the next couple of days
    04-24-2017 07:09 PM
    Ouch. I though the 150 deductible with Tmo was high.
    04-24-2017 07:11 PM
    I never made a claim with them, but my tablet got stolen once and, even though my policy didn't cover it, they were good enough to refund me my entire premium.
    04-24-2017 07:16 PM
    Over the years I've had several cell phones, a desktop, and a laptop covered by Squaretrade. I've only had one claim in 2015 and it was for a BLU phone that I bought for my nephew. The phone stopped charging. I sent the phone in to Squaretrade. Apparently they couldn't fix it because they sent me a $350 check. I didn't even know I paid that much for it or it was even worth that. I was definitely satisfied.
    jerseygirl likes this.
    04-24-2017 08:12 PM