How do you unlock your phone?

How do you unlock your phone?

• Total voters

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I hate both facial recognition, and iris scanner. Honestly, iris scanner is garbage and it never works for me. I mainly use the fingerprint sensor.
Really? It works for me almost 100% even in pitch dark... I have fingerprint which I use while driving

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Just hard press where the home button is. Even if it's not illuminated, it's still active. Just hard press.
If people have the option of going straight to Iris scanning via power button or hard press if the home button, then double tapping the home button instead is a great way to go to the lock screen to check notifications if that is what you want to do.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I use Smart Unlock a lot. My Gear S2 (hopefully S3 on Verizon soon) and location when at home.

Then Iris, however have used the FPS some and it works good too.

I find iris unlock really convenient as I only have to glance at the top of the screen to unlock as opposed to hold it up for the face unlock.

Mike1117

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I use the iris scanner the vast majority of the time. It works almost every time and is super fast. Sometimes I will use the FPS such as when I am wearing sunglasses or walking or on the rare occasion that the iris scanner fails (like one morning I woke up extra early and had trouble fully opening my eyes because I was tired).

I find that with a case, the FPS is very easy for me to find and it works very quick as well.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Iris scanner. Works fast and done need to reach for the back. Only downfall is bright sunlight seems to give the scanner fits, but I can live with it.

BeyondtheTech#AC

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been stupidly finding myself trying to take off my sunglasses and stare into the phone, totally forgetting I can just place my finger on the fingerprint sensor.

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Facial recognition works less than 50%. Fingerprint is only useful when holding the phone. Cannot use while docked in the car or on my desk. Bluetooth smart unlock flat out does not work most of the time. I have it set for my cars, pc and none of them let me unlock consistently without PIN. Usually works a time or two then no more.

I love this phone but between the FPS on the back and buggy unlock software, its become a pain to unlock and nearly useless while driving.

andreo

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
It really depends on the mood I'm in. I was all about the Iris scanner the first few days (wear glasses so sometimes it takes two tries). But the FPS works well and quick (better in my opinion then it did on the S7). Also in the car (even though I have trusted BT turned on) iris unlock is not going to happen when the phone is mounted.
And there have been times when I just decided to put in my code.
Using either method is quick and easy.

furiousyellow

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Setup trusted device and trusted voice. Trusted location just doesn't seem to work more than a few times. Maybe too much delay using geolocation indoors before the S8 switches to alternative authentication. Also using FPS, pattern lock and iris scan. Not having issues using the FPS so many reviews are complaining about. Maybe they just haven't spent as much time with it as actual users.

Iris scan almost works too well. There were a few times I saw glare reflecting off my glasses and it still authenticated. I was wondering how that works. Has anyone tried letting someone else try to unlock their phone with the iris scanner?

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
The infamous-Sam use the FPS=Finger print scanner

and since I don't make onLine payments, neither

have bank installed apps or anything that

can be compromised: If a lose the

phone Not need those annoyed

2-3 steps screen openers-So

I voted for FPS,.Huhu! :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads