So I just bought a friend of mine a Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus and she loves the phone alot. She has been taking great photos with the rear camera but when it comes to the front facing camera she uses it to take selfies with her grandson and every time she does the photos may have her face in focus but then may have the grandsons face blurred out and I have experimented with the front camera on this phone trying close ups and even further away shots but it still tends to do the same thing. I have also talked to AT&T about this issue and basically the answer I keep getting is "That is normal" My thought is that it's a close to $900 dollar phone and that is not normal. Some of the images will either blur out faces or blur out the upper body such as the neck or shirt along with the background which makes the photos look and feel very bad and not worth keeping. Is there a setting or something hidden that we don't know about for the front facing camera? I myself have been a Galaxy fan owning the S3 and Still using my S6 today and the photos in comparison with the S8 Plus Are really not much different with the rear camera but the front camera so far seems to be better on my S6 than Her S8 Plus. Any information involving the Galaxy S8 Front camera issue will be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long boring details in the message and the horrible writing. This is my first post on this site.

Also just to note the woman I got the phone for has epilepsy and after searching cases for a few days I ended up getting her the Otterbox Defender without the screen protector. I put the phone in the case and then once I got her home she gets out of my truck and drops her phone accidentally onto pavement. At a height of roughly 6 maybe 7 feet and it hit hard on the corner and bounced before landing on it's back. Checked the phone out and the phone turns on and off fine and has no cracks or breaks at all on the device. Even though I think the price of the S8 Plus Otterbox is insane especially without the front cover like the older models had I have to say it is very dependable and reliable when it comes to drop protection after that little incident. Not trying to sell the Otterbox, just know people are torn about protection for their device so wanted to at least help give some information of First hand experience with the Otterbox Defender Series. Now she plans on buying the glass to add extra protection to the device as well.

Thank you for your time and Patients. Hope Everyone has a Wonderful Day.
    04-25-2017 07:40 AM
    I also have this issue with my camera, and bought my S8 through Verizon. I upgraded from my LG G4 to the S8, and have found that the front-facing camera is much worse on the S8 than it was on my previous phone. I have not figured out how to help with this yet.

My Verizon store did not have Otterbox cases at the time, so I ended up with an Incipio case, which the sales guy told me was just as good. When I try to take selfies, it is really hard to push in the volume button, which I wonder if it is due to my case? Does your friend have that issue with her Otterbox?

Lastly, the main reason I was commenting on your post is to warn you about putting a screen protector on the S8. I have used Gadget Guard screen protectors with every single smartphone I have ever had, as I love that they are tempered glass, and completely durable. So naturally, that is what Verizon recommended I get with my S8. However, since I have put it on, the touch sensitivity on the phone has decreased remarkably; even things like texting, scrolling, or just tapping to get into my apps in becoming a pain in the butt. I went back into the Verizon store yesterday to ask an associate about how to fix this, and she said that there is an option on Galaxies to calibrate it with your touch after a screen protector has been put on. After 45 minutes of searching through my phone and internet research in the store, that is not an option for the Galaxy S8 at the moment. She said I'm pretty much stuck with it until they make an update with that option to calibrate it. I am currently trying to find a solution to fix it, but just wanted you to be aware before purchasing a screen protector for her phone.
    04-27-2017 12:13 PM
    Hi I just changed from my iphone to s8 unlock version in Seoul and it is having the same issue.It is really annoying.Moreover I noticed that my wife's s7 has video in selfie mode which my s8 does not. I am not sure how to solve this. Is there any update.
    05-08-2017 10:43 AM
    I just looked this on my s8+ and I don't have this issue at all. Can you return it as defective?
    05-08-2017 11:41 AM