Samsung Voice Input

Byoung23

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone else tried disabling the Samsung voice input for the keyboard? I switch it off to use Google's voice typing, but anytime I reboot phone or optimized it it automatically switches Samsung voice input back on. Anyone have any suggestions to permanently disable it or is this just a glitch that will be fixed later?

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You can also disable Samsung Voice without installing Package Disabler Pro by going to Settings > Apps > Show System Apps.

Byoung23

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I just went through and disabled it. Still seems like a glitch that simply switching it off doesn't work, but all's well that ends well.

lucidr3v3ri3

May 3, 2017
Visit site
A quicker way to disable Samsung Voice without jumping through too many hoops is by going to Settings > Apps > Show System Apps. There are two listed under Samsung Voice (one's that Bixby thing). Disable the one with the microphone icon and you should be good.

Whether it stays after software updates (unlikely) is yet to see.

Cozmohoot

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
A quicker way to disable Samsung Voice without jumping through too many hoops is by going to Settings > Apps > Show System Apps. There are two listed under Samsung Voice (one's that Bixby thing). Disable the one with the microphone icon and you should be good.

Whether it stays after software updates (unlikely) is yet to see.

You can also disable Samsung Voice without installing Package Disabler Pro by going to Settings > Apps > Show System Apps.
Thanks!

Poozer21

Jun 12, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone else tried disabling the Samsung voice input for the keyboard? I switch it off to use Google's voice typing, but anytime I reboot phone or optimized it it automatically switches Samsung voice input back on. Anyone have any suggestions to permanently disable it or is this just a glitch that will be fixed later?

Yes I have the same problem I'm hoping it's a glitch to fix

CDWood

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
Install the Google keyboard, Samsung voice input kept coming back on until I did that. I can restart the phone and i still have the Google keyboard.

CDWood

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
By the way when I go to Samsung community with this question all I get is this:Request Entity Too Large

The requested resource
/t5/Galaxy-S8-Questions-and-Answers/How-do-I-permanently-disable-Samsung-Voice-Input-on-Galaxy-S8/td-p/103549
does not allow request data with GET requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.

Do you think they want to suppress the info just as Bixby Voice is coming out?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc