So I am behind on cell phone tech. I just need to know of any tips or tricks you all use and recommend. I see a posts about keyboards and changing the base keyboard. What are the advantages of doing this? There is Gorilla Glass 5 on the GS8, I don't like screen protectors they seem to interfere with pressing the screen and I am figuring I shouldn't need a protector, any thoughts?

For customizing are we able to create our own AOD screens or motion wallpapers? What else do I need to know. I have seen the tips sticky on this page but is there anything else you all do personally?
    04-25-2017 09:02 AM
    All tweaks are based on what works best for you. SwiftKey is a much customizable keyboard than the stock one. As with every customization option, try it and if it doesn't work for you, go back to stock.

Try a different launcher like Nova Prime with Tesla Unread. It will allow customization of the dock and app screen icons, backup and manage custom layouts. Tesla Unread allows you to have badges that notify unread emails, texts and app notifications.

Gorilla Glass 5 is shatter resistant not shatter proof. It will scratch so I am trying the Alpha Glass from Otterbox as this is my first curved display and I don't want to mare the screen. I am pairing it with the Otterbox Defender which is the slimmest version to date.

Here's a tips and tricks YouTube video.

04-25-2017 09:17 AM
    So I am behind on cell phone tech. I just need to know of any tips or tricks you all use and recommend. I see a posts about keyboards and changing the base keyboard. What are the advantages of doing this? There is Gorilla Glass 5 on the GS8, I don't like screen protectors they seem to interfere with pressing the screen and I am figuring I shouldn't need a protector, any thoughts?

For customizing are we able to create our own AOD screens or motion wallpapers? What else do I need to know. I have seen the tips sticky on this page but is there anything else you all do personally?
    As far as screen protectors go, i have never used one on any of my phones, just do not like them. I guess there are some risk by not using them, but tbh i have never ran into an issue by not having one. Do not take that to mean that i have not cracked a screen, just that i doubt it would have been avoided with a screen protector.

For any tips or tricks, i would try an use the phone stock for a while and just add in things as you develop a need.
    jcp007 and bhatech like this.
    04-25-2017 09:22 AM
    I know it's all subjective, but if I don't know what is out there then I can not make any changes. I watched part of that video, when I have more time I will watch the whole thing, a few things right in the beginning that seemed interesting to know. Thank you.
    04-25-2017 09:28 AM
    I know it's all subjective, but if I don't know what is out there then I can not make any changes. I watched part of that video, when I have more time I will watch the whole thing, a few things right in the beginning that seemed interesting to know. Thank you.
    Motion wallpapers look great but tend to use power unnecessarily. I use the Material Dark theme in the Samsung theme store where you can find options for wallpapers, themes and AOD options.

Material Dark theme helps because dark colors require less power than bright ones.
    04-25-2017 09:42 AM
    Motion wallpapers look great but tend to use power unnecessarily. I use the Material Dark theme in the Samsung theme store where you can find options for wallpapers, themes and AOD options.

Material Dark theme helps because dark colors require less power than bright ones.
    I am not worried about power consumption, yet. As I am probably not as active in using my phone as a lot of people are. I believe with this phone I will be using it much more, with a larger screen I feel now I can actually do things on a cell phone other than make calls and send misspelled texts. I looked at the theme store and it's got some ok stuff in it. Hopefully more stuff will be added and I will find something I really like.
    04-25-2017 10:14 AM
    That video is awesome. I had no idea of half the things this phone could do. So many cool things that can be done. I think it will be months before I can absorb and remember all the little tricks to the phone. I noticed that the AOD moves, what seems randomly down on the screen. So AOD starts towards the upper part of the screen then what seems randomly I look at my phone and AOD will be in the center of the screen.
    04-26-2017 09:41 AM