Hello, all.

I understand that the Verizon model is factory unlocked and will work with Tmobile and ATT; however, will it work on their networks as well as one of their own models would work?

I thought I read somewhere that all carrier models of the S8 and S8+ contain the same LTE bands; therefore, it should not matter which one I use on Tmobiles network, they will all contain the same bands and get the same results?

Thanks much.
    04-25-2017 01:10 PM
    Hello, all.

I understand that the Verizon model is factory unlocked and will work with Tmobile and ATT; however, will it work on their networks as well as one of their own models would work?

To get the T-Mobile features like wifi calling you'd need to flash the T-Mobile firmware.

Are you sure the Verizon supports bands 12? I didnt see it on the list I saw. Band 12 is what you need for enhanced LTE.
    04-25-2017 01:18 PM
    Every US model is the same.
    It's the SIM card that accesses the appropriate bands for the particular carrier.
    Of course speeds will vary by location.

Mav.
    04-25-2017 01:18 PM
    It's the SIM card that accesses the appropriate bands for the particular carrier.

Mav.
    Thanks Mav.

I guess just to triple check... Each carrier S8+ uses exactly the same bands on each device. I wont experience any loss of LTE bands using a Verizon S8+ on Tmobile instead of using a Tmobile S8+ ? Therefore if I pop in a Tmobile SIM in to the Verizon model, other than carrier specific apps, etc.. the signal should be the same?

Thanks again.
    04-25-2017 01:32 PM
    True.
    Here is a thread I found with the info:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-carriers.html

Mav.
    04-25-2017 01:37 PM

Mav.
    Are you sure the Verizon has the band 12 needed for enhanced LTE? I cant find that listed on any other device list but T-Mobiles and AT&T's.
    04-25-2017 01:39 PM
    04-25-2017 01:52 PM
    OK, so now it looks like in order to get the best tmobile service it is beneficial to actually get the tmobile variant?

I can save $100 on the Verizon model, but I do not want to sacrifice any quality or reception. $100 is not worth it.

Thanks.
    VW Maverick likes this.
    04-25-2017 02:01 PM
    OK, so now it looks like in order to get the best tmobile service it is beneficial to actually get the tmobile variant?

I can save $100 on the Verizon model, but I do not want to sacrifice any quality or reception. $100 is not worth it.

Thanks.
    Yes. If you want full compatibility, then you will have to get your specific carrier model, or there may be a method to flash different software in the future
    04-25-2017 02:32 PM

Mav.
    Hardware wise, yes. I do believe that they have different software and swapping sims won't do it for carrier specific variants.
    04-25-2017 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD