07-03-2017 10:31 AM
31 12
tools
    Man, I like this case, seems to work well with my Zagg InvisibleShield Glass Curve screen protector, but it's heavy! I'm used to using a clear tpu case on my phones that's light and almost not there and this is a huge change.

But I can recommend it other than the fact that it's heavy. Think I'll give my Spigen Hybrid clear case a try in a day or so to compare.
    04-25-2017 03:24 PM
    Man, I like this case, seems to work well with my Zagg InvisibleShield Glass Curve screen protector, but it's heavy! I'm used to using a clear tpu case on my phones that's light and almost not there and this is a huge change.

But I can recommend it other than the fact that it's heavy. Think I'll give my Spigen Hybrid clear case a try in a day or so to compare.
    Caseology has some great cases that work well with zagg glass. There are also some discount codes on the main page for amazon.
    04-25-2017 04:03 PM
    Just ordered this case yesterday looking forward to trying it out tomorrow!
    04-25-2017 04:09 PM
    One of my favorite cases.

Otterbox Symmetry Case-sym01.jpgOtterbox Symmetry Case-sym02.jpgOtterbox Symmetry Case-sym03.jpg
    blaine07 likes this.
    04-25-2017 04:17 PM
    I tried a couple clear cases or cases with clear back. They required too much cleaning to show off the Orchid Gray. I bought a Supcase with frosted back. Has a lot of protection and the frosted back does not show fingerprints.
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    04-25-2017 05:52 PM
    Love the Symmetry line but $50??? Yikes!!!

Mav.
    04-25-2017 05:54 PM
    I've always felt the symmetry case was lighter than both the commuter and defender. I have the commuter on my phone now and I can feel a difference.
    04-25-2017 06:27 PM
    I selected the Defender case for the protection, after applying the case on my S8 plus, I relized that this is not the best case for my everyday use. I plan on using the Gear vr, on a regular basis, and the Defender case is a pain in the butt to remove, due its enter plastic casing!...
    The Defender case is a great case but if you change or remove the case on a regular basis, go with another case.
    04-25-2017 07:11 PM
    I liked the Symmetry too. But, it's a bit much at $50.
    04-25-2017 08:33 PM
    I love my s7 edge symmetry case. I picked it up for $20 plus tax, not sure I'd get any case for $50 unless it was 100% protection.
    04-25-2017 08:40 PM
    I've always felt the symmetry case was lighter than both the commuter and defender. I have the commuter on my phone now and I can feel a difference.
    I looked at both of those, but went with the Symmetry because I don't like those little covers on the headphone jack etc and because it seemed the slimmest.
    04-25-2017 09:17 PM
    I liked the Symmetry too. But, it's a bit much at $50.
    Yeah it's expensive (so is the screen protector) but then I remembered what I'm paying for the phone so...
    newsman787 likes this.
    04-25-2017 09:20 PM
    Let me know how the buttons are to push when you get the case. I have one also and the buttons are a little hard to push, doable but my speck clear case buttons are easy to push.
    04-25-2017 09:32 PM

Mav.
    But isn't that near what the defender costs? I thought the symmetry was closer to the bottom of the totem pole in price and protection vs defender and commuter? That really is kinda steep.
    04-25-2017 09:39 PM
    I used this case on my S7 Edge. That combo was heavy AF. I also noticed the inside top/bottom of the symmetry case for the S7 stood out a little more than this one, which was nice because it gave better protection if laying the phone screen side down.
    04-25-2017 09:52 PM
    Symmetry was a great choice but I am a dyed in the wool Defender fan,not fanboy.
    04-25-2017 10:30 PM
    But isn't that near what the defender costs? I thought the symmetry was closer to the bottom of the totem pole in price and protection vs defender and commuter? That really is kinda steep.
    The symmetry is just as good as the commuter and defender as far protection goes in my opinion. It's saved my s 7 edge many times and I didn't think it would. I agree about the price though.
    04-25-2017 10:35 PM
    Let me know how the buttons are to push when you get the case. I have one also and the buttons are a little hard to push, doable but my speck clear case buttons are easy to push.
    Little mushy, but I don't use the buttons that much anyway.
    04-26-2017 12:15 AM
    The symmetry is just as good as the commuter and defender as far protection goes in my opinion. It's saved my s 7 edge many times and I didn't think it would. I agree about the price though.
    I know the screen is not protected on the symmetry, niether is the screen edge. If you look at the phone from the sides you will see the screen sits higher then the case, which most cases are that way because of the curved screen. I have the symmetry and its a nice case, I have to return it because the phone gets loose in the case and you can feel the phone move. I bought the following case to tide me over, but it's growing on me and the edge is protected. The case sits higher then the screen and you still have access to the edge features.

Speck Products Presidio Clear Cell Phone Case for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus - Clear/Clear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W55K724...cUvbUpU5785440
    04-26-2017 06:17 AM
    Little mushy, but I don't use the buttons that much anyway.
    The Defender has very responsive feel. You may have to work the buttons that may develop more play over time.
    04-26-2017 06:32 AM
    I like the design of the commuter but find it too slippery/slick. I prefer the Defender for the grip plus it has a higher raised lip which will protect the screen from face down drops
    04-26-2017 06:37 AM
    I know the screen is not protected on the symmetry, niether is the screen edge. If you look at the phone from the sides you will see the screen sits higher then the case, which most cases are that way because of the curved screen. I have the symmetry and its a nice case, I have to return it because the phone gets loose in the case and you can feel the phone move. I bought the following case to tide me over, but it's growing on me and the edge is protected. The case sits higher then the screen and you still have access to the edge features.

Speck Products Presidio Clear Cell Phone Case for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus - Clear/Clear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W55K724...cUvbUpU5785553
    Maybe I'm just lucky then. I've dropped my s 7 edge face down, on the sides.... just alot.lol
    04-26-2017 07:40 AM
    Maybe I'm just lucky then. I've dropped my s 7 edge face down, on the sides.... just alot.lol
    I think Your lucky, LOL. Lay the phone down flat and look from the sides, screen and curve are above the case, no protection there. Not every drop is going to result in breakage, and how it hits is what determines if it breaks, but we all know the curved part of the screen is the weakest point. You ever get a chance, go to a store and try the speck case I listed on your phone, you will see night and day difference in side protection. I like the symmetry also, I haven't decided what I'm going to stick with, for now it's the speck until Otterbox replaces my symmetry, I can't stand having the phone moving in the case.
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    04-26-2017 08:24 AM
    The Symmetry has very little lip to protect the face of the phone.
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    04-26-2017 08:29 AM

Mav.
    Exactly! I'll get one when the price drops in about 2 months.
    VW Maverick likes this.
    04-27-2017 12:43 AM
31 12