MKBHD Camera Comparison

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I'll bite here ... If you're truly taking objective measurements into account, then there's no way you can make the iPhone a distant second to the Pixel. Second, yes... but a "distant" ..?

I think I misworded that. I mean 1 and 2 were close to my preferences and third place was a long ways behind the iPhone. But that's the "my preference" part.

The second paragraph is that what I think doesn't matter at all (nor what you think or any number of people) when trying to determine which one is actually objectively the best - because that's an objective measurement of what is actually most accurate to the scene.

We don't actually have a ranking on the G6, OP3T or S8/S8+ yet - so it's kind of difficult to state where exactly they ought to place, but if we were to assume that each one is better than the prior iteration, which was Pixel > S7 Edge > G5 = iPhone 7 > OnePlus 3, then we could assume that it's still Pixel >= S8 > G6 >= iPhone 7 >= OnePlus 3T.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Wow! I'm really surprised. I thought the Galaxy would win for me but no OnePlus 3T! (not telling which is which though, do it yourself! ;) )

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I think I misworded that. I mean 1 and 2 were close to my preferences and third place was a long ways behind the iPhone. But that's the "my preference" part.

The second paragraph is that what I think doesn't matter at all (nor what you think or any number of people) when trying to determine which one is actually objectively the best - because that's an objective measurement of what is actually most accurate to the scene.

We don't actually have a ranking on the G6, OP3T or S8/S8+ yet - so it's kind of difficult to state where exactly they ought to place, but if we were to assume that each one is better than the prior iteration, which was Pixel > S7 Edge > G5 = iPhone 7 > OnePlus 3, then we could assume that it's still Pixel >= S8 > G6 >= iPhone 7 >= OnePlus 3T.

Okay yeah, I see what you're saying. For me, I asked what would the human eye really see and the coloring on some of pictures in this unscientific test were just way different in a lot of them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci