Excuse my ignorance! But just figured out that I can cast my Samsung TV screen to my S8!

No more missing the big movie scene when nature calls = GAME CHANGER.

Do any of you this modern form of wizardry?
    04-25-2017 09:55 PM
    I did cause my S7 Edge did it too
    04-25-2017 10:27 PM
    Excuse my ignorance! But just figured out that I can cast my Samsung TV screen to my S8!

Can you tell me the steps you followed to do this? I can't connect mine.......
    04-25-2017 11:08 PM
    I believe there's a feature called Smart View in the Quick Settings Tiles when you pull down all the way on the notifications. If it's not there, tap on the three dots on the upper-right corner and choose "Button order."
    04-25-2017 11:35 PM
    I used the Samsung Connect app, and connected my TV (phone should find it). From there, I just started playing with the icons within the built in TV remote and that was one of them. Was streaming Kodi with sound from my TV to my phone.
    project.in.process likes this.
    04-26-2017 07:01 AM
    It's called smart view it works with any TV in my house not just Samsung I use it a lot to cast YouTube to my tv
    04-26-2017 08:34 AM
    If you pay for TV service almost all providers let you stream live TV to your phone. That's been the case for awhile now..
    04-26-2017 08:48 AM
    It's called smart view it works with any TV in my house not just Samsung I use it a lot to cast YouTube to my tv
    They're talking about casting tv to the phone tho, sounds good, does it work on other brands of tv like Panasonic? Doubt it but sounds good.
    04-26-2017 09:31 AM
    I believe there's a feature called Smart View in the Quick Settings Tiles when you pull down all the way on the notifications. If it's not there, tap on the three dots on the upper-right corner and choose "Button order."
    Ahhh ok found it. Works like a charm! Thanks!
    04-26-2017 11:03 PM
    Two of my TV's don't have this built in, but it works through the Roku devices I ha e hooked up. The third has the Roku built in.
    There are several add on devices that will let older Tv's (that aren't "smart") work with this.
    It displays FAR better than I thought it would. We've used it several times when our cable/internet goes out.
    04-27-2017 12:04 AM
    Been able to do it on many old phones used to be called mirrorcast even my note 4 and s5 have it
    04-27-2017 12:49 AM
    "rushes" to go buy and replace the 10 year old plasma.

this is nice. I knew you could cast to tv but dind't know you cast tv to the phone.
    not2gutta likes this.
    04-27-2017 10:43 AM
    Only 2016-and-up TVs from Samsung (and not the 'basic' Smart TV line) support this. 2014 and 2015 models required an older version of the Smart View app to be installed (they re-designed the app in 2015 and stripped the feature from it for some reason).

That was pretty much the reason I got my first Samsung Smart TV. Didn't use the feature as much as I thought I would haha.

There is also a Smart View program for PC which works on all supported TVs in case you want to mirror your TV on your computer.
    04-27-2017 11:21 AM
    Been able to do it on many old phones used to be called mirrorcast even my note 4 and s5 have it
    That's phone-to-TV. This is the other way around. What's on your TV shows on your phone.
    04-27-2017 11:21 AM
    They're talking about casting tv to the phone tho, sounds good, does it work on other brands of tv like Panasonic? Doubt it but sounds good.
    Samsung TVs only, I'm afraid.
    04-27-2017 11:22 AM
    holy crap I didn't know I could do that.
    FWIW -- I actually have an S7 Edge...was hoping it wasn't JUST for S8's.
    1. Power up TV
    2. Phone > settings > Quick Connect > tap the TV
    3. tap "view phone on TV (smart view)"
    4. once it's connected, tap the TV in the "Connected Devices" section"
    5. tap "View TV on phone"

Note: you can also CONTROL the tv from the phone (eg Change Source, power off tv, change channel, input numeric pad)

voila...awesome
    04-27-2017 11:25 AM
    holy crap I didn't know I could do that.
    FWIW -- I actually have an S7 Edge...was hoping it wasn't JUST for S8's.
    1. Power up TV
    2. Phone > settings > Quick Connect > tap the TV
    3. tap "view phone on TV (smart view)"
    4. once it's connected, tap the TV in the "Connected Devices" section"
    5. tap "View TV on phone"

Note: you can also CONTROL the tv from the phone (eg Change Source, power off tv, change channel, input numeric pad)

voila...awesome
    Works on Note 5, too. The feature was introduced with the S7, but has trickled down to that model as well with the new Nougat update.

'Smart View only' TVs can also use the phone as remote but cannot mirror the screen onto it without the older Smart View app.
    04-27-2017 11:39 AM

I think I'd have to call it whiz-ardry if you're using it while in the bathroom.

(Side question: I take it you are a Florida State fan? If so, if you can read the quote on the shirt in my picture, you'll know where I stand.)
    04-27-2017 12:07 PM
    Works on my LG too
    04-27-2017 02:13 PM
    Works on my LG too
    You can cast YOUR TV SCREEN into your phone from an LG TV???!!! Casting from your PHONE to your TV should work, but the other way around? If it does work, wow! Didn't know LG had added that re-coding feature to their TVs!
    04-28-2017 08:42 AM
    You can cast YOUR TV SCREEN into your phone from an LG TV???!!! Casting from your PHONE to your TV should work, but the other way around? If it does work, wow! Didn't know LG had added that re-coding feature to their TVs!
    Don't get to excited, when I first committed I miss read the title I'm referring to cast to the tv
    04-28-2017 08:53 AM
    Don't get to excited, when I first committed I miss read the title I'm referring to cast to the tv
    That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure
    04-28-2017 12:19 PM