05-02-2017 03:24 PM
39 12
tools
    Double-tap-to-whatever is a hard habit to kick. One of the few things I loved about my LG phones (even the wide angle lens grew into a 'meh' feeling quickly thanks to its downgraded picture quality... Why LG, WHY???!!!). I was doing the double tap thing to my work iPhone, my tablet, my computer haha...
    Agreed. I suppose I didn't have trouble because I'm a dork about phones. Read/post about phones, so I know this can be difficult for the uninitiated.
    04-28-2017 01:37 PM
    How I can there to use only one button to get to iris since I hate that I must slide my screen?
    Doing that, activating the hard-press on the home button to skip the unlock screen (slide). Settings/navigation bar/unlock with home button.
    speed13 likes this.
    04-28-2017 01:37 PM
    Agreed. I suppose I didn't have trouble because I'm a dork about phones. Read/post about phones, so I know this can be difficult for the uninitiated.
    I'm definitely NOT 'uninitiated' haha :P Double tap to wake/sleep was still addictive. Still is. At least the S8 has that tiny area for that. Better than nothing.
    04-28-2017 01:41 PM
    I'm definitely NOT 'uninitiated' haha Double tap to wake/sleep was still addictive. Still is. At least the S8 has that tiny area for that. Better than nothing.
    Oh I didn't mean you were uninitiated. My wife, she's not nerdy about Android the way I am.
    04-28-2017 01:44 PM
    Doing that, activating the hard-press on the home button to skip the unlock screen (slide). Settings/navigation bar/unlock with home button.
    OK thanks but this will keep phone constantly unlocked and unsecured.
    04-28-2017 01:48 PM
    I think you might have another setting conflicting with it then, because mine never unlocks once the secured lock kicks in.

It unlocks. Every time.
    04-28-2017 06:11 PM
    OK thanks but this will keep phone constantly unlocked and unsecured.
    No, it doesn't. It only skips the slide lockscreen, but if you have a secure method selected, it'll just prompt you to use (for instance, iris scanning will immediately begin).
    04-28-2017 07:15 PM
    New thoughts are that the Home Button either fades in and out and or it moves around to stop any screen burn.
    It's to avoid screen burn in. Pretty neat
    04-28-2017 07:22 PM
    I personally love it..
    04-28-2017 07:42 PM
    I had this set, but due to some limitation (Samsung?), when you lock your phone this way fingerprints and iris cannot unlock the phone. You must use your pin each time, so I stopped using it.
    05-02-2017 11:23 AM
    I had this set, but due to some limitation (Samsung?), when you lock your phone this way fingerprints and iris cannot unlock the phone. You must use your pin each time, so I stopped using it.
    Definitely not a Samsung limitation. I have that long-press feature enabled and am using FPS and Iris to unlock my phone. If the phone is locked, it just goes straight to scanning (skipping the swipe screen) and if it's not locked, then it just turns the screen back on. The FPS always skips the lockscreen anyway so not much of a point using the home button for that (especially since the FPS is on the back).
    05-02-2017 01:44 PM
    While it does unlock the phone it also bypasses all security measures from what I've determined. That's why you aren't seeing the iris notification appearing. I'm not sure what good that is unless the user is the type who chooses to not lock their phone.

I use iris scan to unlock. I've become used to holding the phone in the proper position to ensure a quick iris scan for unlock. Yesterday I noticed that it unlocked while holding the home button and the display was not anywhere close to the right distance or angle to read my eyes. I flipped the phone over and held the home button as a test and the phone unlocked.

I've since disabled the home button from unlocking the phone.
    Are you sure you weren't connected to a smart lock device? or Location. The tap home to unlock shouldn't override security.
    05-02-2017 02:31 PM
    How I can there to use only one button to get to iris since I hate that I must slide my screen?

I just hit the power key.... that turns on the iris scanner for me.

You may have to turn this setting on.

05-02-2017 02:35 PM
    I just hit the power key.... that turns on the iris scanner for me.

You may have to turn this setting on.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7a670367f1.jpg
    Yup, for that to work that option must be turned on. It only works for Iris, though. If you have a password/PIN/Pattern, the slide screen is there first. FPS can also bypass everything as it's always 'sensing'.
    05-02-2017 03:24 PM
39 12