I have just upgraded from my trusty Note 4 to an S8+ and I find it frustrating.

I'll list my issues and frustrations in hope people have noticed the same issues, and found work around or fix for them already??

1) The iris scanner is unreliable and I'm finding the fingerprint reader being on the back a pain. I frequently unlocked my old phone without having to pick it up all the time. I think I might have to go back to the Note 2 way of doing things and use a 4 digit pin. It has to be less frustrating then using the iris reader. Clearly no work around for this, but annoying non the less!

2) When on a call and using the loud speaker, it constantly drops off loud speaker and goes back to hand held mode. It happens each time the screen goes off, but also when the screen is still active.

3) With the headphones in, system sounds still come through the phone speaker. Weird and annoying!

4) The volume control has gone when long pressing the volume icon in the quick access tray at the top. To change volume settings I now have to go through the settings menus, or increase of decrease my volume (making a Beeping noise) to get to the volume controls. Why?

5) Long (well slightly longer than short) text messages are now truncated within a message thread. Both sent and received. This makes reading a thread really long winded and frustrating. ๐Ÿ˜ 

6) I really quite like the new themes and have modified my phone to look really smart. What I can't seem to do is modify the folders I have added to my Home Screen. They look really basic and don't match the theme. ๐Ÿ™

7) I can't change my battery. I know this is because everyone wants water profing, but I have replaced the battery on many of my old phones, including my Note 2 and Note 4. Yet none of my old phones have ever become water damaged ๐Ÿšฟ

In general I am happy, but I feel that everything seems to need 1 or 2 or sometimes more clicks before I can get to something I could get to easily before. ๐Ÿ˜ค That said this is the first phone in years that I havent instantly liked more than its predecessor. Maybe I just need to give it a bit more time.
    ๐Ÿ™ƒ
    04-26-2017 05:46 PM
    For whatever reason the iris scanner doesn't seem to work as well as it did on the note 7.
    04-26-2017 05:55 PM

I'll list my issues and frustrations in hope people have noticed the same issues, and found work around or fix for them already??

1) The iris scanner is unreliable and I'm finding the fingerprint reader being on the back a pain. I frequently unlocked my old phone without having to pick it up all the time. I think I might have to go back to the Note 2 way of doing things and use a 4 digit pin. It has to be less frustrating then using the iris reader. Clearly no work around for this, but annoying non the less!

2) When on a call and using the loud speaker, it constantly drops off loud speaker and goes back to hand held mode. It happens each time the screen goes off, but also when the screen is still active.

3) With the headphones in, system sounds still come through the phone speaker. Weird and annoying!

4) The volume control has gone when long pressing the volume icon in the quick access tray at the top. To change volume settings I now have to go through the settings menus, or increase of decrease my volume (making a Beeping noise) to get to the volume controls. Why?

5) Long (well slightly longer than short) text messages are now truncated within a message thread. Both sent and received. This makes reading a thread really long winded and frustrating. ๐Ÿ˜ 

6) I really quite like the new themes and have modified my phone to look really smart. What I can't seem to do is modify the folders I have added to my Home Screen. They look really basic and don't match the theme. ๐Ÿ™

7) I can't change my battery. I know this is because everyone wants water profing, but I have replaced the battery on many of my old phones, including my Note 2 and Note 4. Yet none of my old phones have ever become water damaged ๐Ÿšฟ

In general I am happy, but I feel that everything seems to need 1 or 2 or sometimes more clicks before I can get to something I could get to easily before. ๐Ÿ˜ค That said this is the first phone in years that I havent instantly liked more than its predecessor. Maybe I just need to give it a bit more time.
    ๐Ÿ™ƒ
    Maybe you needed to look before you bought?
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    04-26-2017 06:01 PM
    my experience with the iris scanner has been very good, seems to work better then it did on the note 7 for me. the face recognition has not worked as well. the battery issue is not a fair complaint , i am sure you knew that it was not removable. there is an adjustment for blue-tooth headphones that lets you decide what sounds go where.
    04-26-2017 06:04 PM
    I agree on #1 . I find myself using the pattern. To much of a hassle using the FPS, iris scanner and face recognition. Coming from the Huawei Mate 9, I got spoiled by their FPS placement and how quick and accurate it was.

On #4 , you can download a widget called VOLUME CONTROL WIDGET. Easy way to control the volume levels for alarm, media player, voice calls, ringer and system notifications. I keep mine on the dock.

Gripes!-screenshot_20170426-163149.jpg

Gripes!-screenshot_20170426-163206.jpg
    04-26-2017 06:39 PM
    Give it a bit more time or return it
    04-26-2017 06:43 PM
    Sounds like the phone is not for you, return and wait a couple of months for the N8 to many hiccups with this phone
    Nugget and a new hardware platform can have issues
    04-26-2017 06:54 PM

๐Ÿ™ƒ
    Coming from A nexus six p, the galaxy s8 is nice for customization. I have a theme set up, and I have my fingerprint scanner set up and pin lock. I don't find the fingerprint scanner that hard or weird or awkward to use. As far as the iris scanner I tried to use it twice today, I just turned it off again more annoying than any thing else But I'll tell you the battery under normal to moderately heavy usage is awesome!
    04-26-2017 07:01 PM
    My number one gripe is the fact that Samsung included a wall charger capable of fast charging but the cord that plugs into the wall part is not capable of fast charging??
    04-26-2017 07:37 PM
    The face scanner is a very fast and very reliable. I don't know why you didn't just use it. Yes, I know, there was that one example where somebody successfully opened it with a photograph, but still it has to be more secure than using a PIN number which you said you're going to do.
    So you the iris scanner? I mean it does an ok job but I love the fingerprint scanner, or pin lock.
    04-26-2017 07:45 PM
    No the face scanner is different from, and faster than, the iris scanner
    I've heard that's it's hackable though with a picture of yourself.
    04-26-2017 08:04 PM

5) Long (well slightly longer than short) text messages are now truncated within a message thread. Both sent and received. This makes reading a thread really long winded and frustrating.

6) I really quite like the new themes and have modified my phone to look really smart. What I can't seem to do is modify the folders I have added to my Home Screen. They look really basic and don't match the theme.

7) I can't change my battery. I know this is because everyone wants water profing, but I have replaced the battery on many of my old phones, including my Note 2 and Note 4. Yet none of my old phones have ever become water damaged

In general I am happy, but I feel that everything seems to need 1 or 2 or sometimes more clicks before I can get to something I could get to easily before. That said this is the first phone in years that I havent instantly liked more than its predecessor. Maybe I just need to give it a bit more time.
    1) Face scanner or pattern are options as well.

2) Maybe accidental screen touches? I haven't had that happen to me.

3) Make sure the headphones are securely in the headphone jack, or try a different set of headphones. Also consider Bluetooth headphones.

4) Umm...volume buttons? I did notice that, at least for the Samsung music player, there is a volume slider in the app.

5) I'm not seeing that problem in the default messaging app. Maybe see if it happens with an alternative?

6) *Maybe* that's a legitimate gripe, but you can at least change the color with the default launcher. Possibly Nova Launcher or another launcher will let you change the appearance of the folders.

7) You did read all of the pre-release articles about the sealed-in battery, right? Not to mention that the previous 2 versions of this phone also did not have removable batteries.

Like any phone, there's going to be some bugs & quirks. If you feel that you can't adjust, maybe you should return it & get something closer to what you like.
    04-26-2017 08:32 PM
    1) Face scanner or pattern are options as well.

2) Maybe accidental screen touches? I haven't had that happen to me.

3) Make sure the headphones are securely in the headphone jack, or try a different set of headphones. Also consider Bluetooth headphones.

4) Umm...volume buttons? I did notice that, at least for the Samsung music player, there is a volume slider in the app.

5) I'm not seeing that problem in the default messaging app. Maybe see if it happens with an alternative?

6) *Maybe* that's a legitimate gripe, but you can at least change the color with the default launcher. Possibly Nova Launcher or another launcher will let you change the appearance of the folders.

7) You did read all of the pre-release articles about the sealed-in battery, right? Not to mention that the previous 2 versions of this phone also did not have removable batteries.

Like any phone, there's going to be some bugs & quirks. If you feel that you can't adjust, maybe you should return it & get something closer to what you like.
    You know I completely agree with you. Not to mention that the phone is a great over all performing phone with a beautiful screen and rock solid performance.
    04-26-2017 08:55 PM
    I've heard that's it's hackable though with a picture of yourself.
    I've tried and tried and can't do it. And if you lost your phone what are the chances of someone having a portrait of you.
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    04-26-2017 09:06 PM
    I've tried and tried and can't do it. And if you lost your phone what are the chances of someone having a portrait of you.
    True that. I suppose. Like I said, I just have finger print scanner and pin lock enabled for the moment.
    04-26-2017 09:10 PM
    I've had vey good results with the iris scanner and I like the finger print sensor being on the back.
    04-26-2017 09:15 PM
    I've had vey good results with the iris scanner and I like the finger print sensor being on the back.
    I agree with you completely. I'm used to it from my older nexus 6p.

Well I can't believe this. My battery still going strong ...

04-26-2017 09:16 PM