LOVE my new S8+. First USB C device in the house, so all I have for cables are what came with the phone.

Does anyone know if using an adapter slows down charging speed as opposed to using an actual USB C cable? I have 3 quick charge AC plugs in the house (not including the new one that arrived with phone) , as well as a car charger. Does using an adapter with my old cables have the same performance as using an actual USB C?
    04-26-2017 06:22 PM
    LOVE my new S8+. First USB C device in the house, so all I have for cables are what came with the phone.

Does anyone know if using an adapter slows down charging speed as opposed to using an actual USB C cable? I have 3 quick charge AC plugs in the house (not including the new one that arrived with phone) , as well as a car charger. Does using an adapter with my old cables have the same performance as using an actual USB C?
    No, there is absolutely no difference (excluding fast-charging). Charging a device is just an electrical current going from point A to point B through an insulated copper wire. I would recommend an adapter/cord combo. This way, you have the option of fast charging or not. Also, if either component breaks or fails, you can inter-change them.
    04-26-2017 06:28 PM
    I don't notice any difference. I use the USB-C cable upstairs and the adapter downstairs. I also use an adapter for my battery pack.
    04-26-2017 08:11 PM
    No, there is absolutely no difference (excluding fast-charging). Charging a device is just an electrical current going from point A to point B through an insulated copper wire. I would recommend an adapter/cord combo. This way, you have the option of fast charging or not. Also, if either component breaks or fails, you can inter-change them.
    I don't know about that. I was purchasing some adapters and some of the descriptions mentioned a resistor being built in. I don't know enough about the usb c standard to comment on this, but I do know using the included adapter didn't allow it to quick charge against an Aukey QC3 charger I have. Worked fine on the cable though.
    04-27-2017 06:22 PM