Decisions are frustrating.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
This phone is really nice. Midnight black S8+. But the red outline of my entire screen, pictures in low light not coming out as well as my other phones and my FPS keeps not working and requiring a restart is forcing me to think about at minimum exchanging it for a new device or at worst switch to a G6. I can't for the life of me think how the red tint is a software issue. All the devices on all carriers would have this issue instead of a few. This sounds like hardware issues. I'm addicted to Samsung pay so that's a big decision for me as well.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
This phone is really nice. Midnight black S8+. But the red outline of my entire screen, pictures in low light not coming out as well as my other phones and my FPS keeps not working and requiring a restart is forcing me to think about at minimum exchanging it for a new device or at worst switch to a G6. I can't for the life of me think how the red tint is a software issue. All the devices on all carriers would have this issue instead of a few. This sounds like hardware issues. I'm addicted to Samsung pay so that's a big decision for me as well.

You're not having good luck lately. I'd exchange it just based on the red tint. The fps issue isn't normal either. The low light blur is still just as bad as the G6 blur is. I've come to terms that it's something that just happens and isn't going to be great on a smartphone. I was messing around with my buddies 7 plus and it does the same thing. I'd exchange it and give the 8+ one more shot before you go back to the G6. Although I did almost buy another G6 today lol.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
You're not having good luck lately. I'd exchange it just based on the red tint. The fps issue isn't normal either. The low light blur is still just as bad as the G6 blur is. I've come to terms that it's something that just happens and isn't going to be great on a smartphone. I was messing around with my buddies 7 plus and it does the same thing. I'd exchange it and give the 8+ one more shot before you go back to the G6. Although I did almost buy another G6 today lol.

I'm so over the phone drama. I just want one that looks new without issues out of the box. Especially for 800+. Lol

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm so over the phone drama. I just want one that looks new without issues out of the box. Especially for 800+. Lol
I hear ya. After my first G6 camera looked like a tiger clawed it I was about to say screw it and go back to my mate 9. If you get a replacement, make them turn it on in the store to check the screen and what not.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya. After my first G6 camera looked like a tiger clawed it I was about to say screw it and go back to my mate 9. If you get a replacement, make them turn it on in the store to check the screen and what not.

You sticking with the S8? If I was still on att I'd likely be using a OnePlus 3T.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
You sticking with the S8? If I was still on att I'd likely be using a OnePlus 3T.
I'm trying to. At this point the main thing I miss about the G6 was it was much more comfortable in the hand for me and the ability to have a glass screen protector and not worry about drops and such. I had my first real concern today when dust and dirt got all over my unprotected screen at a softball game and I had to pocket my phone. I washed it under the sink and reluctantly checked the screen for scratches. Luckily there aren't any but that's something I didn't worry about with the G6.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Oh me too! Lol. Went thru two note 7 recalls then a flurry of back and forth mainly s7edge and v20.. then came the s8plus. I really like this phone.🙂

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Exchange your Galaxy for another. They're not all pink.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I see a slight pink along the sides in this app but honestly I don't see it that much. The phone works great, looks fantastic and does everything I need and more so. No lag.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I see a slight pink along the sides in this app but honestly I don't see it that much. The phone works great, looks fantastic and does everything I need and more so. No lag.

I feel if it's a very pronounced color that's not normal than I can't live with that when the device is so expensive. It's a solid investment and I don't want it to look this way from day one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20