T-Mobile Galaxy S8 Make the status bar great again!!

Ziich47

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
How can I clean up the status bar? There are so many icons that don't necessarily need to be there because I always keep them on such as NFC and wifi calling.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
How can I clean up the status bar? There are so many icons that don't necessarily need to be there because I always keep them on such as NFC and wifi calling.
You can edit the items and only keep the things you need. Select button order and it takes you to edit screen where you can remove items.

c6feab95c27cfb141ea18e692e83b524.jpg

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm wondering if a launcher like Nova Prime offers more customisation ?

Personally I prefer to have these so I'm not leaving things turned On that don't need to be. :)

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm wondering if a launcher like Nova Prime offers more customisation ?

Personally I prefer to have these so I'm not leaving things turned On that don't need to be. :)

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I agree with OP, there are to many icons in the status bar that don't need to be there such as alarm. If we have an. Alarm set we know we do and don't need an icon cluttering the status bar up.

You can try this app, it works but was a little buggy last time I tried it, but it does let you remove that crap if you want to, it's basically a overlay, just covers up the original status bar. Worth a try see if it works better now.

Nova doesn't do anything with status bar but hide it if you want it hid.

Edit.. OP tried the app and it appears to still be buggy. Some tolerate the bugs to get rid of the items in notification bar, but just want to stress there are some bugs, so be prepared for them... If your like me and the OP you won't like them, but some aren't as picky so it's worth a try.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ps/details?id=com.james.status&token=Eo-Zptk8

Last edited:

RanchoBurger

May 31, 2016
Visit site
I agree with OP, there are to many icons in the status bar that don't need to be there such as alarm. If we have an. Alarm set we know we do and don't need an icon cluttering the status bar up.

You can try this app, it works but was a little buggy last time I tried it, but it does let you remove that crap if you want to, it's basically a overlay, just covers up the original status bar. Worth a try see if it works better now.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ps/details?id=com.james.status&token=ywxbnafS

This app is pretty great. Thanks for mentioning it.

Ziich47

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ps/details?id=com.james.status&token=h9Ay-oiT
I appreciate the assistance but the app is too​ buggy for me

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate the assistance but the app is too​ buggy for me
I said it was buggy, didn't know if it's been updated, apparently not LOL. It was to buggy for me also, but some people aren't as picky as me as you see in their reviews, some tolerate the bugs to be able to get rid of items in the notification bar, so I put it out there.

I figured I would keep an eye on it for updates to see if they get it figured out so it works someday.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000