Fingerprint/skin oil smudges in phone or clear case

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
We all know that the back of these phones are fingerprint and skin oil magnets. Is there anything that can be done to fix this issue. I know the obvious, put a case on it. Problem with that is when you get a color you, want to see that color.

I have a couple clear cases, the speck clear and Otterbox symmetry clear. Both show the color fine, but they also pick up the oil smears from your skin. Is there a clear case out there that does not do this? Is there something you can apply to the case to prevent this, of course that won't make it slippery?

What are the ones using these cases experiencing, doing to prevent this? My brother has a spiegen clear case, same issue.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Wear gloves 😂 😂 😂. Honestly there's no way around it. It is pretty frustrating to clean the phone off and then immediately see fingerprints all over it.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I've really tried using clear cases the past couple of years and i always end up buying a solid case because they get so disgusting looking with all the oils and smudges. Plus some are crap and they turn yellowish.

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Ahh, the never ending battle between soft skin and clean phones.

Here's my take on it, but you may not like it.

1. Don't use hand lotion. It's going to leave smudges on your phone, no matter how "greaseless" it is
2. Wash hands at least a couple times a day. I have a coworker who is super oily and his hands just leave oil when he touches things.
3. Don't hold your phone when you eat. Just don't. Hands get dirty when you eat unless you're only using utensils.

That's pretty much it. There's no "magic" solution to this issue, fingers leave oils on things, unless you keep them relatively oil free. Which often means, dry hands.. which can be just as annoying to some. For me, I'd rather have a clean phone (and keyboard, and PS4 controllers, etc) so I don't use lotion and wash my hands a few times a day.

There's no magic material they can make glass phones or clear cases out of that will prevent this issue.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski