Always On Display Question

purpleclad

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Does your AOD always say at the bottom of the screen "Hard press or double tap the Home button to turn on the screen". I have went through the tutorial, used hard press to open, double tapping doesn't work no matter how many times I try, and even factory reset the phone to no avail. Is this message supposed to ALWAYS be at the bottom of the screen? Seems like a sure fire bet for burn in.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I had that issue, and I ended up doing a factory reset WITHOUT restoring the settings, and the tutorial popped up the first time I used AOD. Once that happens then the "double tap the middle of the display to dismiss" shows up.

I think it may be a bug with restoring previous settings after a factory reset. Because of that, it won't show the AOD tutorial, so you can't dismiss the info text at the bottom

purpleclad

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I had that issue, and I ended up doing a factory reset WITHOUT restoring the settings, and the tutorial popped up the first time I used AOD. Once that happens then the "double tap the middle of the display to dismiss" shows up.

I think it may be a bug with restoring previous settings after a factory reset. Because of that, it won't show the AOD tutorial, so you can't dismiss the info text at the bottom

Thank you, I'll give it a try.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane