Galaxy S8 Aux Cord Audio Feedback

A

AC Question

Hey people, just got my GS8 yesterday. I did the latest software update, downloaded Spotify, signed in to my account, plugged in my aux cord, and tapped a song. Immediately it sounded like a load of feedback was coming in through half of my speakers, and my music clearly coming in through the other half. I figured I may need to install something more or fix some problems, so I went home and checked around, restarted the system, etc. This morning I encountered the same problem.

Know any fixes?

Knightstalker

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had that happen if I'm charging the phone at the same time... was much worse on my V20 than on the S8... then again,it was louder cuz of the DAC

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I had that same issue with my old deck (feedback while charging). When I upgraded my deck it went away.

What phone did you have before and did it have issues too?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried playing music stored on the device? I've noticed when streaming music through the aux cord in my car the audio output is lacking to say the least. It's a kind of muddy sound. Playing stored music still doesn't sound as good as my last phone, but it's fine.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
No feedback here. Though if your charging at same time that could do it. Every phone I've owned always had some feedback in aux jack while charging. I've only used headphones with the phone so far but output from headphone jack seems to be fairly good. Not amazing like my V10 or wife's V20, but it's hardly bad.

Asfink

May 5, 2017
Visit site
I have a serious problem with the new S8 which emits loud disturbing static in the right channel when using a 3.5mm audio cable plugged into Aux-In in my car. Interestingly, the problem is particularly bad with Google Maps, and Waze. When I listed to audio books via Audible, the noise is less severe and intermittent, but definitely there. I was able to replicate the problem using the same cable plugged into Aux-in in my wife's car. In addition, I also replicated the problem at my local ATT store with one of the representative's new S8. It seems to be a serious problem for the phones, at least those from ATT!!

Cmcginnis13

May 9, 2017
Visit site
Hey folks, if you go to settings while the aux cord is plugged in, click "sounds and vibrations" scroll to the bottom and click "sound quality and effects", then turn on " UHQ upscaler". This seemed to work for me!

16vjohn

Dec 17, 2017
Visit site
The same thing happens with my Sony MDR 7506 headphones. The UHQ upscaler seems to work but it's not perfect. Some apps in some situations still make the static. I took the headphones into the T-Mobile store and tried it with another Galaxy S8+, but I couldn't replicate the issue no matter what I tried. I contacted Samsung and they agreed to repair or replace it.

Personally, I don't think turning the upscaler on or off is a solution. I don't want my audio upscaled, I want to hear it as it's supposed to be heard. It seems there could be a design flaw or some type of defect.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I've had this happen about twice only recently. And on blue tooth to boot, but it was a single burst of static that appeared out of no where. Can't do any test obviously.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20