03-03-2018 09:18 PM
76 1234
tools
    So has anyone on Verizon received the DQA error update?
    I received it this past Tuesday – on Verizon.
    Cyberdelia and blaine07 like this.
    04-27-2017 12:55 PM
    I received it this past Tuesday – on Verizon.
    Awesome - thanks!
    So has anyone on Verizon received the DQA error update?
    I did.
    Cyberdelia and blaine07 like this.
    I have restarted my phone several times.

Also the app can't be disabled if it is running as shown in my previous screenshot.

There is simply no icon for it.

Here's a list of my disabled apps. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f2e4249af2.jpg
    I know it can't be disabled via the default method, but package disabler can, anyways, it's obvious you don't have it easily available, so before thinking on a Wipe Cache Partition ( i honestly don't think this can be solved by this) or a factory reset, just go to your Apps Settings and on the 3 dots (menu options) press reset app preferences. This will reset to default all your apps preferences such as default values and Disabled ones back to enable. I think this should bring you back your galaxy Apps if it was there when you got the phone.
    04-27-2017 12:56 PM
    Here is something that may work for you. Go to your application manager in settings, tap the 3 dots and select "show system apps" go to TouchWiz Home, storage and clear data. I think this will bring it back for you.
    04-27-2017 01:12 PM
    Here is something that may work for you. Go to your application manager in settings, tap the 3 dots and select "show system apps" go to TouchWiz Home, storage and clear data. I think this will bring it back for you.
    Tried that - no dice.

I also rebooted the phone after that.
    LineKill and TGIS like this.
    04-27-2017 01:17 PM
    That will reset all his/her home pages to default but not necessarily will bring back Apps, it doesn't reset Apps drawer (as far as I remember). I think that's why the Reset App Preferences on the App drawer exist for, I've used in the past and it brought back apps that were disabled and reset all Apps drawer and preferences in general, not talking about resetting the Apps data, as this is not for that.
    04-27-2017 01:17 PM
    Tried that - no dice.
    Darn, OK... The app is there, I wonder where the icon went¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Cyberdelia and TGIS like this.
    04-27-2017 01:18 PM
    That will reset all his/her home pages to default but not necessarily will bring back Apps, it doesn't reset Apps drawer (as far as I remember). I think that's why the Reset App Preferences on the App drawer exist for, I've used in the past and it brought back apps that were disabled and reset all Apps drawer and preferences in general, not talking about resetting the Apps data, as this is not for that.
    https://www.technipages.com/galaxy-s7-icons-missing
    04-27-2017 01:20 PM
    If you put the Galaxy Essentials widget on your home page it will take you to the Galaxy App store.
    04-27-2017 01:21 PM
    I don't doubt his/her good intentions on that article but I have done the TouchWiz reset data a couple of times with phones I've helped with and as far as I can remember it didn't bring disabled apps back. I may always be wrong tough...

I'm not saying that on this case he has disabled it, but it's obvious it's a glitch and can't simply see it, that's why using the Reset Apps Preferences is by far easiest as it just reset the Default Apps settings for all apps and Enable all disabled apps and force those disappearing apps reappear.
    04-27-2017 01:25 PM
    Tried that - no dice.

I also rebooted the phone after that.
    Have you tried what I suggested above?
    04-27-2017 01:25 PM
    I don't doubt his/her good intentions on that article but I have done the TouchWiz reset data a couple of times with phones I've helped with and as far as I can remember it didn't bring disabled apps back. I may always be wrong tough...

I'm not saying that on this case he has disabled it, but it's obvious it's a glitch and can't simply see it, that's why using the Reset Apps Preferences is by far easiest as it just reset the Default Apps settings for all apps and Enable all disabled apps and force those disappearing apps reappear.
    I do not disagree with you one bit. Just trying to provide options that may work, so far nothing has. Still waiting to see if what you provided helps.
    04-27-2017 01:28 PM
    Have you tried what I suggested above?
    Not sure I want to reset all apps to default right now.

Since I have a workaround for now I think I am going to hold off on that one.
    04-27-2017 01:30 PM

Like I mentioned above, with this you are not resetting your apps data, just App preferences, things like Default Apps options and if it is enabled or disabled.
    Cyberdelia likes this.
    04-27-2017 01:34 PM

Look at this thread from A/C, from a previous phone but it's the same on the S8.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...eferences.html
    04-27-2017 01:37 PM
    Going back to TouchWiz, then using the three dots to load Galaxy essentials brings up Galaxy apps. There is no other icon on the phone but at least that loads it.
    You mentioned going back to TouchWiz. What launcher were you using? That may have been the problem, and not the phone itself.
    04-27-2017 01:40 PM
    Like I mentioned above, with this you are not resetting your apps data, just App preferences, things like Default Apps options and if it is enabled or disabled.
    Gotcha! That makes me feel better. Let me reset that here real quick.
    04-27-2017 01:40 PM
    You mentioned going back to TouchWiz. What launcher were you using? That may have been the problem, and not the phone itself.
    Nope. It doesn't show up in touch wiz either.
    04-27-2017 01:42 PM
    Reset app preferences. Not there after resetting app preferences 🤔
    04-27-2017 01:43 PM
    Reset app preferences. Not there after resetting app preferences
    Well, that's unfortunate and really unexpected as this should bring even the death back to life... maybe I missed it, and I'm not reading back all the posts above, but do you have Galaxy App or not on your Apps? If not, not even selecting Showing System Apps?
    04-27-2017 01:45 PM
    Well, that's unfortunate and really unexpected as this should bring even the death back to life... maybe I missed it, and I'm not reading back all the posts above, but do you have Galaxy App or not on your Apps? If not, not even selecting Showing System Apps?
    Screenshots attached.
    04-27-2017 01:49 PM
    Then, it's definitely not installed on your phone, nothing will bring the icon back because the app is simply not there, how is this possible? I really don't know, the only time I've seen that is when I use package Disabler and I disable an app with it, if you are sure that you have never played with Package Disabler then it really doesn't have a logical explanation.
    04-27-2017 01:55 PM
    Then, it's definitely not installed on your phone, nothing will bring the icon back because the app is simply not there, how is this possible? I really don't know, the only time I've seen that is when I use package Disabler and I disable an app with it, if you are sure that you have never played with Package Disabler then it really doesn't have a logical explanation.
    No idea. If I open it through Galaxy essentials via TouchWiz it's there.
    04-27-2017 01:56 PM
    See below.
    04-27-2017 01:57 PM
76 1234