Galaxy Apps Store

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
When you go to the App drawer, on the 3 dots at the top right, if you click on it, you should have 3 options; Sort, Settings and GALAXY Essentials, if you do, pressing on the latter will take you to the Galaxy Apps, if you don't even have that, then, somehow, your Galaxy Apps app has been disabled at some point.
Going back to TouchWiz, then using the three dots to load Galaxy essentials brings up Galaxy apps. There is no other icon on the phone but at least that loads it.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have restarted my phone several times.

Also the app can't be disabled if it is running as shown in my previous screenshot.

There is simply no icon for it.

Here's a list of my disabled apps. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170427/e8470c2b034b54711a3c3af2e4249af2.jpg

I know it can't be disabled via the default method, but package disabler can, anyways, it's obvious you don't have it easily available, so before thinking on a Wipe Cache Partition ( i honestly don't think this can be solved by this) or a factory reset, just go to your Apps Settings and on the 3 dots (menu options) press reset app preferences. This will reset to default all your apps preferences such as default values and Disabled ones back to enable. I think this should bring you back your galaxy Apps if it was there when you got the phone.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Here is something that may work for you. Go to your application manager in settings, tap the 3 dots and select "show system apps" go to TouchWiz Home, storage and clear data. I think this will bring it back for you.

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Here is something that may work for you. Go to your application manager in settings, tap the 3 dots and select "show system apps" go to TouchWiz Home, storage and clear data. I think this will bring it back for you.
Tried that - no dice.

I also rebooted the phone after that.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

That will reset all his/her home pages to default but not necessarily will bring back Apps, it doesn't reset Apps drawer (as far as I remember). I think that's why the Reset App Preferences on the App drawer exist for, I've used in the past and it brought back apps that were disabled and reset all Apps drawer and preferences in general, not talking about resetting the Apps data, as this is not for that.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
That will reset all his/her home pages to default but not necessarily will bring back Apps, it doesn't reset Apps drawer (as far as I remember). I think that's why the Reset App Preferences on the App drawer exist for, I've used in the past and it brought back apps that were disabled and reset all Apps drawer and preferences in general, not talking about resetting the Apps data, as this is not for that.
https://www.technipages.com/galaxy-s7-icons-missing

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

I don't doubt his/her good intentions on that article but I have done the TouchWiz reset data a couple of times with phones I've helped with and as far as I can remember it didn't bring disabled apps back. I may always be wrong tough...

I'm not saying that on this case he has disabled it, but it's obvious it's a glitch and can't simply see it, that's why using the Reset Apps Preferences is by far easiest as it just reset the Default Apps settings for all apps and Enable all disabled apps and force those disappearing apps reappear.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't doubt his/her good intentions on that article but I have done the TouchWiz reset data a couple of times with phones I've helped with and as far as I can remember it didn't bring disabled apps back. I may always be wrong tough...

I'm not saying that on this case he has disabled it, but it's obvious it's a glitch and can't simply see it, that's why using the Reset Apps Preferences is by far easiest as it just reset the Default Apps settings for all apps and Enable all disabled apps and force those disappearing apps reappear.
I do not disagree with you one bit. Just trying to provide options that may work, so far nothing has. Still waiting to see if what you provided helps.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Not sure I want to reset all apps to default right now.

Since I have a workaround for now I think I am going to hold off on that one.

Like I mentioned above, with this you are not resetting your apps data, just App preferences, things like Default Apps options and if it is enabled or disabled.