Verizon Galaxy S8 Dropped Calls

vaheredity

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with calls being dropped on their Verizon S8+? Mine is doing that several times a day and, since I pretty much live off my cell phone for work, this is becoming a major issue.

Any information\help would be greatly appreciated!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you have HD voice enabled on your account? I enabled it on day one and so far I haven't received a dropped call (on Verizon as well).

elter

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with calls being dropped on their Verizon S8+? Mine is doing that several times a day and, since I pretty much live off my cell phone for work, this is becoming a major issue.

Any information\help would be greatly appreciated!

Advanced calling is enabled by default, try disabling it

vaheredity

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response! HD Voice and Video Calling are both enabled. This is starting to drive me nuts. I dropped 3 calls to the same customer yesterday. Needless to say, they were less than pleased.

vaheredity

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have changed it from HD Voice and Video Calling to HD Voice only. If that doesn't help today, I'll completely disable Advanced Calling and see what happens. My issue is that I shouldn't have to disable this though. Thanks for the feedback!

mrstompetty

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
YES!! Every call I make or receive gets dropped!! I took it back to Best Buy and of course, it didn't do it there, so they wouldn't do anything. This is a brand new phone! Shouldn't be happening!

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Am on AT&T & this is the best phone I have ever had in terms of reception for both calls & internet. Not sure what the issue could be with yours, whether it is the phone or a Verizon tweak? There were some iPhone 7 reception issues last fall mentioned on imore that *I think* were carrier specific related.

vaheredity

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Did Best Buy have any words of wisdom? I guess I'm going to have to head to Verizon and see what they say but my guess is that'll be a wasted trip.

seabassmax

May 7, 2017
Visit site
I'm having dropped call issues as well. Galaxy s8 on Verizon, network mode set to global and advanced set to Hd voice and video. Also I'm probably always broadcasting my hotspot. Once a day I drop a random call. Very nice and expensive phone. Need this resolved.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I had to get the HD voice fixed on my account to allow Video Calling .. other than that normal calls have been working great.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Shouldn't network mode be set to CDMA/LTE? Global is for out of the country roaming not Verizon in the U.S.A. Maybe that would help.

TheyCallMeBT

May 2, 2017
Visit site
I believe HD calling cannot handoff from being on 4G LTE to a tower that isn't LTE. So if you're driving or at a fringe area where your signal swaps back and forth, it would drop the call. I would suggest turning off HD calling for a bit and see what happens. But yeah, that's a bad issue to have when you should be able to be happy with a new phone. I had a major issue when I got my S6 and activated the new SIM. Loooooong story short, no CS rep could diagnose it. But I ruled out handsets, SIM cards, and cell tower issues. It must have been in Verizon's system side. I hope that's not what is happening to you. But I don't think I dropped calls. I would just have people call me and it not ring for me (and go straight to VM for them).

tweb0312

May 13, 2017
Visit site
I eliminated the dropped calls and intermittent loss of audio by dis-enabling the HD calling. It did not matter if I was moving or stationary, LTE or no LTE, the call audio or the call itself would be lost. I disabled HD calling a week ago and have had no issues. Curious if this is a Verizon issue or S8 issue, as I did not have any problems with my pixel nor my Note 7 before turning it in....

GrumpyMomofMacR

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Probably a Verizon issue but pertinent to S8 somehow. My husband and I are on AT&T and my friends are on T-Mobile and we haven't had any problems yet.

newdad28

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I returned an S8+ and two S8s over the past 3 weeks for this same issue. Spoke with Verizon customer service and tech help about a dozen times, tried everything anyone could think of...and after 3 different handsets all behaved the same way over 3 weeks, I finally fell back to the S7 Edge.

Ugh. Feels like I've gone 5 years backward after getting to play with the S8s. But...I don't drop calls or lose signal so.....

I'm on Verizon. Anyone aware of a recent update that fixes this issue? (I have about a week left where I can exchange this S7 for an S8 for no charge and would LOVE to have the latest technology)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I returned an S8+ and two S8s over the past 3 weeks for this same issue. Spoke with Verizon customer service and tech help about a dozen times, tried everything anyone could think of...and after 3 different handsets all behaved the same way over 3 weeks, I finally fell back to the S7 Edge.

Ugh. Feels like I've gone 5 years backward after getting to play with the S8s. But...I don't drop calls or lose signal so.....

I'm on Verizon. Anyone aware of a recent update that fixes this issue? (I have about a week left where I can exchange this S7 for an S8 for no charge and would LOVE to have the latest technology)
I can't think of anything. I have it set to LTE / CDMA instead of Global in network settings but that is the only change I can think of. Other than that nothing new and my phone has yet to drop a call or not see LTE and I've had it since day 1.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

That is exactly how note 7 users felt last fall, it sucked and we wanted in the worse way to make it work. Maybe you went thru it yourself, it's so frustrating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair