Why my phone isn't fast charging?

A

AC Question

I'm using the original charger and the ports are clean.I have the new samsung galaxy s8.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Did you turn off fast charging? Go to batter click the 3 dots in the upper right select advance settings and you will see the option to turn it off and on.

SnoFire

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
check the cable.. I did a test lastnight as I was noticing the same thing. The original samsung cord would fast charge and other cables would not. It' s not the power plug as those are all samsumg quick charge

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Sounds silly but make sure the USB cable is pushed all the way into the charger. It happened with my S7 Edge charger as well.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
check the cable.. I did a test lastnight as I was noticing the same thing. The original samsung cord would fast charge and other cables would not. It' s not the power plug as those are all samsumg quick charge

I've seen this kind of weird behavior with some cables myself. Some won't fast charge, some don't support USB 3 transfer speeds.

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
It's funny as I have two genuine Sammy fast chargers and none of them worked .I assumed my port was knackered.I went to a shop he said "you tried cleaning out "I'm like "Yea course".Anyway he got a cheap assed travel fast charger and bingo fast charge was working . I have noted you have to fairly push them chargers in . When you look in the battery port outside it really attracts dust and dirt so make sure it's clean.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37