Samsung pay vs android pay

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I've used both and they both work well. Obviously Samsung Pay has the advantage since you can use it basically everywhere. I am pretty sure that if you set a chipped card up with Samsung Pay, since it gives a new card number, it just acts as a non-chipped card.

If you have a Samsung supported device, Samsung Pay is the way to go. I used Samsung Pay on my S6 and S7 Edge and now S8+. However, I did use Android Pay on my LG V20 and it does work very well on NFC terminals. All of the grocery stores, Walmarts, pharmacies etc. now accept mobile payments so it worked pretty much everywhere I needed it to.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
That reaction is quite entertaining isn't it??????

Indeed! I used to blow people's minds back when I had my S6. They would be like "that's not going to work" and then BAM, it would process payment and spit out a receipt and they'd ask "what iPhone do you have?" Lol. Then I would explain that it wasn't an iPhone and how Samsung can work with the strip reader.

No I find that most places accept mobile payment so I don't get this reaction much anymore.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
That reaction is quite entertaining isn't it??????

Indeed! I used to blow people's minds back when I had my S6. They would be like "that's not going to work" and then BAM, it would process payment and spit out a receipt and they'd ask "what iPhone do you have?" Lol. Then I would explain that it wasn't an iPhone and how Samsung can work with the strip reader.

Now I find that most places accept mobile payment so I don't get this reaction much anymore.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Now I find that most places accept mobile payment so I don't get this reaction much anymore.

I had to disable my Samsung Pay and use Android Pay starting yesterday only because for some reason even after updating the application, it kept on freezing up, and crashing on my phoner. Drove me absolutely nuts! I installed, and setup Android Pay now. You are right though, more and more stores, and business are accepting regular NFC Payments and the "WOW factors" isn't as impressive or surprising anymore. What shocked me the most is when my Samsung Pay started to freeze ujp o my phone. I tried to call Samsung Pay technical service, and of course they were little to no help just suggesting a hard data wipe which i had done previously anyways. I mean before that happened, I t was working perfectly fine. but I am just going to see how well Android Pay works nowadays. That's all.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I had to disable my Samsung Pay and use Android Pay starting yesterday only because for some reason even after updating the application, it kept on freezing up, and crashing on my phoner. Drove me absolutely nuts! I installed, and setup Android Pay now. You are right though, more and more stores, and business are accepting regular NFC Payments and the "WOW factors" isn't as impressive or surprising anymore. What shocked me the most is when my Samsung Pay started to freeze ujp o my phone. I tried to call Samsung Pay technical service, and of course they were little to no help just suggesting a hard data wipe which i had done previously anyways. I mean before that happened, I t was working perfectly fine. but I am just going to see how well Android Pay works nowadays. That's all.
I actually like how Android Pay works better. It's smoother and not as wonky. Just unlock the phone, put your finger over the scanner and boom, done.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I actually like how Android Pay works better. It's smoother and not as wonky. Just unlock the phone, put your finger over the scanner and boom, done.

Yes absolutely! THank you for saying that as well! With Samsung Pay, the one think that i don't like is the fact that you have to swipe up on the FPS/open the application up ,, then authenticate into your credit card. If you forget to do that at the cash register, then you've got to pray that other customers behind you and the cashier are patient enough to wait about 1 minute in order for it to work. With that being said. I'd really love to see nowadays how many retailers are NOW accepting Android Pay vs just a couple of years ago. Basically the NFC Adoption rate. I do know that there are still a few stores that don't, but i do believe they are far and few between.

You're also right that Android Pay is smoother, more fluid, and responsive by far! I'm still a bit shocked and the responsiveness of both apps. It's the only Samsung Application that I've seen laggy . Other than that. Every other Samsung application that I'm using works perfectly fine!

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Yes absolutely! THank you for saying that as well! With Samsung Pay, the one think that i don't like is the fact that you have to swipe up on the FPS/open the application up ,, then authenticate into your credit card. If you forget to do that at the cash register, then you've got to pray that other customers behind you and the cashier are patient enough to wait about 1 minute in order for it to work. With that being said. I'd really love to see nowadays how many retailers are NOW accepting Android Pay vs just a couple of years ago. Basically the NFC Adoption rate. I do know that there are still a few stores that don't, but i do believe they are far and few between.

You're also right that Android Pay is smoother, more fluid, and responsive by far! I'm still a bit shocked and the responsiveness of both apps. It's the only Samsung Application that I've seen laggy . Other than that. Every other Samsung application that I'm using works perfectly fine!

All I do is swipe up from the bottom of the screen (even when the screen is completely off) and put my finger on the FPS. Ive got 15 seconds to tap the terminal from that point. Why would that be taking 1 minute?

I just tried it out and I am tapping a terminal within 4 seconds with the screen being completely off. It shouldnt take more than that to pay with Samsung Pay.

dave92029

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
I have three credit cards (with chips) setup on Samsung Pay. All work easily. I really like the notification feature that confirms the transaction. Very fast, and easy to use. Still getting used to not carrying my wallet when I go shopping, but I love Samsung Pay!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't know something with my Samsung to Peg on messed up then. I tried to uninstall reinstall quite a few times and still got the same result he kept on lagging and basically trashy and force closing in the background. I'll have to see how much I like Android pay in the future I suppose. But yeah I do like the notification for confirmation of the payment transaction no. I wonder if Android pay has that

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I don't know something with my Samsung to Peg on messed up then. I tried to uninstall reinstall quite a few times and still got the same result he kept on lagging and basically trashy and force closing in the background. I'll have to see how much I like Android pay in the future I suppose. But yeah I do like the notification for confirmation of the payment transaction no. I wonder if Android pay has that

Android pay notifies me for AMEX purchases, not sure about other cards.

Thats odd that your Samsung pay is crashing like that. Its one of the main reasons I have a Samsung device so if that starts up, Ill be gone.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I hear ya. I got so used to using Android Pay on my LG V20 that when I first got this phone, I kept screwing up and unlocking the phone first and it took longer. Android Pay is faster than Samsung Pay. Straight up. I am using Samsung Pay on my S8+ but I'm thinking about going back to Android Pay because I just like the way it functions better. Samsung Pay does have better rewards, I will say that.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Android pay notifies me for AMEX purchases, not sure about other cards.

Thats odd that your Samsung pay is crashing like that. Its one of the main reasons I have a Samsung device so if that starts up, Ill be gone.
Yeah, at first I loved using Samsung pay. It's really really weird and of course I'm extremely technical so I try to figure out isolate the issue I had to data wipe my phone once and even then, it was still crashing and very wonky to use on an everyday basis. It was so frustrating to use. forget calling up Samsung pay technical support, they just suggested doing a data wipe as well. Like I said, I'll have to see how Android pay reaction stores and how well it performs in real world situations of course.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
All I do is swipe up from the bottom of the screen (even when the screen is completely off) and put my finger on the FPS. Ive got 15 seconds to tap the terminal from that point. Why would that be taking 1 minute?

I just tried it out and I am tapping a terminal within 4 seconds with the screen being completely off. It shouldnt take more than that to pay with Samsung Pay.

I think he's exaggerating a bit but I know what he means. I've had it be wonky and not work for whatever reason and then I have to try again while people are waiting behind me. It is kind of embarrassing. Android Pay is much smoother to use. No swiping up and then using the FPS. You just unlock the device, hold it to the terminal and boom, done.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya. I got so used to using Android Pay on my LG V20 that when I first got this phone, I kept screwing up and unlocking the phone first and it took longer. Android Pay is faster than Samsung Pay. Straight up. I am using Samsung Pay on my S8+ but I'm thinking about going back to Android Pay because I just like the way it functions better. Samsung Pay does have better rewards, I will say that.
I mean I know at this point it's all personal preference but to be honest with you as well, I had the Samsung pay activation setup with this swipe up gesture on my fingerprint scanner. Now, with that being said, I always consistently accidentally swiped up on my fingerprint scanner to pull down my notification bar and it would activate Samsung pay then at to wipe it out of recent RAM memory and swipe down still on my notification bar. Now could I have easily just swept up in the bottom of my phone screen to activate it sure but I just got used to using my fingerprint scanner for everything.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have three credit cards (with chips) setup on Samsung Pay. All work easily. I really like the notification feature that confirms the transaction. Very fast, and easy to use. Still getting used to not carrying my wallet when I go shopping, but I love Samsung Pay!

Android Pay notifies you of purchases as well. That is super nice and I love that about both of these apps.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I think he's exaggerating a bit but I know what he means. I've had it be wonky and not work for whatever reason and then I have to try again while people are waiting behind me. It is kind of embarrassing. Android Pay is much smoother to use. No swiping up and then using the FPS. You just unlock the device, hold it to the terminal and boom, done.

I used Android Pay alot on my G6 and the only issue I had was sometimes I wanted to use a specific card at a certain store and android pay would go so quick I used the wrong card. Other than that its really good, just wish it had rewards points of some kind.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay I'm sorry yeah maybe exaggerating a little bit not a minute it takes more than 15 seconds most of time to activate my card through Samsung pay in the past though. Now with that being said it is embarrassing when other people are waiting for you in line and when the cashier just waiting for you to take a simple payment.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I used Android Pay alot on my G6 and the only issue I had was sometimes I wanted to use a specific card at a certain store and android pay would go so quick I used the wrong card. Other than that its really good, just wish it had rewards points of some kind.
I mean on my older Nexus 6p when I even use Android pay all the time, I never had an issue with it. It was just the older Legacy credit card machines that I wasn't accepting at but they are very far and few between at this point as well.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Okay I'm sorry yeah maybe exaggerating a little bit not a minute it takes more than 15 seconds most of time to activate my card through Samsung pay in the past though. Now with that being said it is embarrassing when other people are waiting for you in line and when the cashier just waiting for you to take a simple payment.

At least you arent the person writing a check who decides to wait until everything's rang up to even fill out the recipient information lol.

I grocery shop on Fridays while everyone is at work and get all the older folks who love their checks. Its why I wear headphones while I shop so I can stay entertained while I wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol