07-14-2017 09:53 AM
47 12
tools
    Which does everyone prefer here? I'm used to android pay of course. Thanks for any help. The galaxy s8 is my first galaxy phone since the s3. Lol
    04-27-2017 04:18 PM
    Which does everyone prefer here? I'm used to android pay of course. Thanks for any help. The galaxy s8 is my first galaxy phone since the s3. Lol
    Everywhere Android pay works Samsung pay works.

Plus, Samsung pay literally works everywhere so not much of a competition in which one to choose ☺️
    04-27-2017 04:19 PM
    Everywhere Android pay works Samsung pay works.

Plus, Samsung pay literally works everywhere so not much of a competition in which one to choose ☺️
    Oh wow, I guess I'll have to try it out, and give it a shot then. Thank you.
    04-27-2017 04:20 PM
    Oh wow, I guess I'll have to try it out, and give it a shot then. Thank you.
    Hey Samsung pay works with magnetic​ stripe reader payment readers as well which sets it's apart from Android pay and Apple pay. Basically Samsung pay destroys them.
    04-27-2017 04:22 PM
    Hey Samsung pay works with magnetic​ stripe reader payment readers as well which sets it's apart from Android pay and Apple pay. Basically Samsung pay destroys them.
    Wow, sounds like it ! Thank for the info. Does Samsung pay eat up battery power at all ? I just set it up. I'll have to give it a shot asap !
    04-27-2017 04:26 PM
    Wow, sounds like it ! Thank for the info. Does Samsung pay eat up battery power at all ? I just set it up. I'll have to give it a shot asap !
    No it should be fine on battery, just set it up and have fun paying with your phone/watch (if you have gear S3) everywhere.
    04-27-2017 04:28 PM
    You also get points or money back with samsung pay. Just be registering you get points to redeem a gift card or use towards other purchases. So you get rewards basically by using it.
    You also get points or money back with samsung pay. Just be registering you get points to redeem a gift card or use towards other purchases. So you get rewards basically by using it.
    Wow. That sounds cool so far.
    No it should be fine on battery, just set it up and have fun paying with your phone/watch (if you have gear S3) everywhere.
    Hell yeah absolutely. Still getting used the the s8, but so far, I must admit, I love it.
    04-27-2017 04:30 PM
    None of my local banks or my credit cards are supported by either.
    04-27-2017 04:39 PM
    I'm sorry to hear that. That sucks!
    04-27-2017 04:40 PM
    Does either work with cards that use chip readers?
    04-27-2017 04:41 PM
    I'm hoping so ! Otherwise samsung pay isn't any more useful than Android pay is...
    04-27-2017 04:42 PM
    My card has a chip in it and my phone works everywhere it doesn't matter as long as I can slide my credit card it works there
    gernerttl likes this.
    04-27-2017 04:47 PM
    My card has a chip in it and my phone works everywhere it doesn't matter as long as I can slide my credit card it works there
    Wow, now I definitely can't wait to try this out
    gernerttl likes this.
    04-27-2017 04:48 PM
    SP is getting to smart I walked out of a store with out using SP and got notified that it is accepted at that store, listed the store name and address, I'm aware it worked there but paid cash
    04-27-2017 05:17 PM
    Samsung Pay. It works on card readers that don't support Android or Apple Pay. If it has a magnetic strip reader it will work. I've used it at a few places here and the store clerk was surprised. When I went to pay with my phone the clerk said, "Oh, that won't work h-- Oh! Wow!"

http://www.androidauthority.com/sams...o-know-678123/
    amyf27 likes this.
    04-27-2017 05:45 PM
    SP is getting to smart I walked out of a store with out using SP and got notified that it is accepted at that store, listed the store name and address, I'm aware it worked there but paid cash

'Nuff said. Haha!
    eric002 and sweetypie31 like this.
    04-27-2017 05:45 PM
    Samsung Pay: What is it, how does it work and how do I use it? - Android Authority
    eric002 likes this.
    04-27-2017 05:47 PM
    Samsung Pay. It works on card readers that don't support Android or Apple Pay. If it has a magnetic strip reader it will work. I've used it at a few places here and the store clerk was surprised. When I went to pay with my phone the clerk said, "Oh, that won't work h-- Oh! Wow!"

http://www.androidauthority.com/sams...o-know-678123/
    That reaction is quite entertaining isn't it😎
    eric002 likes this.
    04-27-2017 08:29 PM
    I'm up in Canada. Samsung Pay only supports a single bank at the moment. And of course, it's not the one I use.
    05-24-2017 10:25 AM
    I've used both and they both work well. Obviously Samsung Pay has the advantage since you can use it basically everywhere. I am pretty sure that if you set a chipped card up with Samsung Pay, since it gives a new card number, it just acts as a non-chipped card.

If you have a Samsung supported device, Samsung Pay is the way to go. I used Samsung Pay on my S6 and S7 Edge and now S8+. However, I did use Android Pay on my LG V20 and it does work very well on NFC terminals. All of the grocery stores, Walmarts, pharmacies etc. now accept mobile payments so it worked pretty much everywhere I needed it to.
    05-24-2017 10:47 AM
    That reaction is quite entertaining isn't it
    Indeed! I used to blow people's minds back when I had my S6. They would be like "that's not going to work" and then BAM, it would process payment and spit out a receipt and they'd ask "what iPhone do you have?" Lol. Then I would explain that it wasn't an iPhone and how Samsung can work with the strip reader.

No I find that most places accept mobile payment so I don't get this reaction much anymore.
    05-24-2017 10:49 AM
    That reaction is quite entertaining isn't it
    Indeed! I used to blow people's minds back when I had my S6. They would be like "that's not going to work" and then BAM, it would process payment and spit out a receipt and they'd ask "what iPhone do you have?" Lol. Then I would explain that it wasn't an iPhone and how Samsung can work with the strip reader.

Now I find that most places accept mobile payment so I don't get this reaction much anymore.
    amyf27 likes this.
    05-24-2017 10:49 AM

Now I find that most places accept mobile payment so I don't get this reaction much anymore.
    I had to disable my Samsung Pay and use Android Pay starting yesterday only because for some reason even after updating the application, it kept on freezing up, and crashing on my phoner. Drove me absolutely nuts! I installed, and setup Android Pay now. You are right though, more and more stores, and business are accepting regular NFC Payments and the "WOW factors" isn't as impressive or surprising anymore. What shocked me the most is when my Samsung Pay started to freeze ujp o my phone. I tried to call Samsung Pay technical service, and of course they were little to no help just suggesting a hard data wipe which i had done previously anyways. I mean before that happened, I t was working perfectly fine. but I am just going to see how well Android Pay works nowadays. That's all.
    ABOSWORTH007 likes this.
    07-14-2017 08:55 AM
47 12