05-01-2017 09:51 AM
95 1234
tools
    Are you buying phones just because it's pretty or to actually use its functionality?
    Both. Why do you like glass back phones, then? Isn't it because it looks pretty?
    04-28-2017 08:03 AM
    I prefer plastic myself. It takes a beating and if back is removable it can be cheaply replaced. I never understood the whole "premium" feel of glass reviewers tall about. 90 percent of people feel that premium glass back and throw a thick slab of rubber or plastic over it because it's so fragile. Kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it?
    My phones are naked most of the time except if I am going hiking or something like that then I will put on a case. With my S8+ I can take the case off and still enjoy its beauty and design. I have nothing against plastic phones or metal or aluminum ones. They are all great...but I really like wireless charging too. So the back has to be something that allows that for me.
    I want both great looking design and functionality. I can have a phone like the S8+ and put a case on it....or just go nekkid and enjoy its beauty. But I have that choice.....
    queenren and jma78b like this.
    04-28-2017 08:03 AM
    Glad your phone was OK.
    Glass, plastic or ceramic my phone is going in a case. I don't care about pretty. I'd like a functioning phone.
    recDNA likes this.
    04-28-2017 08:05 AM
    Glad your phone was OK.
    Glass, plastic or ceramic my phone is going in a case. I don't care about pretty. I'd like a functioning phone.
    If you have a metal phone and a glass screen protector you can drop it that it will mostly be safe from not "functioning"
    04-28-2017 08:08 AM
    Both. Why do you like glass back phones, then? Isn't it because it looks pretty?
    I don't like or hate them. It's not the reason I'm buying the phone or not. It really makes no difference as I would always use a case on any phone, glass or not.
    sweetypie31 and pinkivy98 like this.
    04-28-2017 08:09 AM
    I don't like or hate them. It's not the reason I'm buying the phone or not. It really makes no difference as I would always use a case on any phone, glass or not.
    Great point!
    04-28-2017 08:21 AM
    Like others Im finding it difficult to find adequate screen protection for my s8. The curved tempered glass I bought made the left side of my phone less sensitive to touch. I'm currently using a soft one from 5 below that claims it's better than tempered glass. I'm not so confident in that claim.
    04-28-2017 08:23 AM
    Glad it was ok....your heart must have skipped a beat! Mine well out of my gym shorts while on the leg press machine at the gym. It only fell about a foot on the carpet but my heart stopped for a second. I didn't have a case on at the time.
    This is why I like my Bluetooth headphones(not sure if you were wearing headphones when that happened but still), I can put the phone wherever and no cords get it the way-can place safely near the machine I'm at.
    jamezr likes this.
    04-28-2017 08:31 AM
    What about transparent aluminum? Worked for Scotty? Does anyone remember the name of the company that got the future tech?
    04-28-2017 08:42 AM
    If you have a metal phone and a glass screen protector you can drop it that it will mostly be safe from not "functioning"
    I don't care either way. I'm still going to put a case on it.
    04-28-2017 08:42 AM
    I don't care either way. I'm still going to put a case on it.
    Regardless of the material or the cost, $200 or $750, I too put a case on my smartphone.
    aokusman1 and JHStewart1023 like this.
    04-28-2017 08:46 AM
    Regardless of the material or the cost, $200 or $750, I too put a case on my smartphone.
    A case and a glass screen protector for all my phone. When I sold my s7 last month the buyer was impressed that it looks like it just came out of the retail box.
    04-28-2017 09:21 AM
    I've had the phone since the nineteenth and dropped it for the first time today. Walking the dogs early this morning and was fiddling with it then dropped it and it pretty much bounced on the blacktop Street a few times. Completely unscathed. Wearing the caseology clear case with black border.
    I feel you on that one, Amy. I was at the pool hall the other night and a guy on the other team was saying good matches tonight -- so he went to give me a fist bump and I did while holding my phone. It fell out of my hand and did about 5 spins then landed on the screen. Luckily it is okay. I think the Spigen case helped.

I went home and fully checked it .. It is good to go but man was I scared. Time to be more careful :P.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    04-28-2017 09:23 AM
    OMG it's great to hear that nothing happened to your phone

I accidently fumbled and dropped mines as well in a changing room at VS the other day when I was shopping ........ but it fell on a pile of clothes wheeew !!!

It's definitely very slippery and going naked like I am ....... I'll need to be very, very careful
    04-28-2017 09:25 AM
    I've had the phone since the nineteenth and dropped it for the first time today. Walking the dogs early this morning and was fiddling with it then dropped it and it pretty much bounced on the blacktop Street a few times. Completely unscathed. Wearing the caseology clear case with black border.
    It's good you had a case. Glad your phone came out ok. I would have been freaking out.
    04-28-2017 09:28 AM
    Then you purchased it
    04-28-2017 09:34 AM
    Was it a glass screen protector? If it was it's a crappy one.
    Non glass screen protector
    04-28-2017 09:42 AM
    Glad it was ok....your heart must have skipped a beat! Mine well out of my gym shorts while on the leg press machine at the gym. It only fell about a foot on the carpet but my heart stopped for a second. I didn't have a case on at the time.
    Just another good reason why I don't work out.
    jamezr, blaine07, ClintRo and 2 others like this.
    04-28-2017 09:54 AM
    Was it a glass screen protector? If it was it's a crappy one.
    Not at all correct imo. That's exactly what they're supposed to do. I've learned cracking 2 iPhone displays to start using glass protectors. Since then, I've used them on 3 additional generations of phones (iPhone 5s, S6 active, S7 active) and all 3 glass protectors (Zagg and Bodyguardz) took the hits and not the displays.

Imo, invaluable accessories and calling it "cheap" is hardly accurate considering they have lifetime warranties. They were replaced and phones good to go again.

On topic:
    So happy you're phone made it unscathed!
    04-28-2017 09:57 AM
    Not at all correct imo. That's exactly what they're supposed to do. I've learned cracking 2 iPhone displays to start using glass protectors. Since then, I've used them on 3 additional generations of phones (iPhone 5s, S6 active, S7 active) and all 3 glass protectors (Zagg and Bodyguardz) took the hits and not the displays.

Imo, invaluable accessories and calling it "cheap" is hardly accurate considering they have lifetime warranties. They were replaced and phones good to go again.
    I think there was some confusion with the original post. Was the OP reporting that the phone screen cracked or just the screen protector? Because if the phone screen cracked, then yes, crappy screen protector.
    04-28-2017 09:58 AM
    I think there was some confusion with the original post. Was the OP reporting that the phone screen cracked or just the screen protector? Because if the phone screen cracked, then yes, crappy screen protector.
    That was in reference to a post in this thread from a members son dropping their phone and the protector ended up cracked.
    04-28-2017 10:02 AM

On topic:
    So happy you're phone made it unscathed!
    My comment was based on the assumption that the phone itself broke.
    04-28-2017 10:13 AM
    Mine slid off the Samsung wireless charger and hut my bed frame on its way to the floor. Cracked the left side of the screen. Replacement shows up today.
    04-28-2017 10:16 AM
    That was in reference to a post in this thread from a members son dropping their phone and the protector ended up cracked.
    The one that posted a picture? The crack is going past the edge of the protector and the protector looks to have pulled up over part of it. That's a cracked phone screen.

The only post I see mentioning a drop and not having a cracked phone is the very first one, and they don't mention the protector cracking either.
    04-28-2017 10:58 AM
    The one that posted a picture? The crack is going past the edge of the protector and the protector looks to have pulled up over part of it. That's a cracked phone screen.

The only post I see mentioning a drop and not having a cracked phone is the very first one, and they don't mention the protector cracking either.
    Maybe. Guess it wasn't very clear in the description.
    04-28-2017 11:26 AM
95 1234