First time dropping the phone

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I prefer plastic myself. It takes a beating and if back is removable it can be cheaply replaced. I never understood the whole "premium" feel of glass reviewers tall about. 90 percent of people feel that premium glass back and throw a thick slab of rubber or plastic over it because it's so fragile. Kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it?

Unfortunately I could only give you one like

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I prefer plastic myself. It takes a beating and if back is removable it can be cheaply replaced. I never understood the whole "premium" feel of glass reviewers tall about. 90 percent of people feel that premium glass back and throw a thick slab of rubber or plastic over it because it's so fragile. Kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it?

My phones are naked most of the time except if I am going hiking or something like that then I will put on a case. With my S8+ I can take the case off and still enjoy its beauty and design. I have nothing against plastic phones or metal or aluminum ones. They are all great...but I really like wireless charging too. So the back has to be something that allows that for me.
I want both great looking design and functionality. I can have a phone like the S8+ and put a case on it....or just go nekkid and enjoy its beauty. But I have that choice.....

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Glad your phone was OK.
Glass, plastic or ceramic my phone is going in a case. I don't care about pretty. I'd like a functioning phone.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Glad your phone was OK.
Glass, plastic or ceramic my phone is going in a case. I don't care about pretty. I'd like a functioning phone.
If you have a metal phone and a glass screen protector you can drop it that it will mostly be safe from not "functioning"

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Like others Im finding it difficult to find adequate screen protection for my s8. The curved tempered glass I bought made the left side of my phone less sensitive to touch. I'm currently using a soft one from 5 below that claims it's better than tempered glass. I'm not so confident in that claim.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Glad it was ok....your heart must have skipped a beat! Mine well out of my gym shorts while on the leg press machine at the gym. It only fell about a foot on the carpet but my heart stopped for a second. I didn't have a case on at the time.
This is why I like my Bluetooth headphones(not sure if you were wearing headphones when that happened but still), I can put the phone wherever and no cords get it the way-can place safely near the machine I'm at.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
What about transparent aluminum? Worked for Scotty? Does anyone remember the name of the company that got the future tech?

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Regardless of the material or the cost, $200 or $750, I too put a case on my smartphone.
A case and a glass screen protector for all my phone. When I sold my s7 last month the buyer was impressed that it looks like it just came out of the retail box.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had the phone since the nineteenth and dropped it for the first time today. Walking the dogs early this morning and was fiddling with it then dropped it and it pretty much bounced on the blacktop Street a few times. Completely unscathed. Wearing the caseology clear case with black border.

I feel you on that one, Amy. I was at the pool hall the other night and a guy on the other team was saying good matches tonight -- so he went to give me a fist bump and I did while holding my phone. It fell out of my hand and did about 5 spins then landed on the screen. Luckily it is okay. I think the Spigen case helped.

I went home and fully checked it .. It is good to go but man was I scared. Time to be more careful :p.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
OMG it's great to hear that nothing happened to your phone

I accidently fumbled and dropped mines as well in a changing room at VS the other day when I was shopping ........ but it fell on a pile of clothes wheeew !!!

It's definitely very slippery and going naked like I am ....... I'll need to be very, very careful

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I've had the phone since the nineteenth and dropped it for the first time today. Walking the dogs early this morning and was fiddling with it then dropped it and it pretty much bounced on the blacktop Street a few times. Completely unscathed. Wearing the caseology clear case with black border.
It's good you had a case. Glad your phone came out ok. I would have been freaking out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol