05-01-2017 09:51 AM
95 ... 234
tools
    Hey @amyf27, I cannot remember if you use screen protectors or not and I am absolutely too lazy too try and look it up. If not, does your case have a little lip on the front and did the screen get scratched at all?
    Both cases have a little lip and no I never use screen protectors. Absolutely zero scratchez😃
    LineKill likes this.
    04-29-2017 09:37 AM
    In Reply to @ZOMMBIE1

Ouch! I am currently without a screen protector on. The one I left Sprint with was practically off by the time I got to the house which is a 5 minute ride. It seems the case I am using is a fraction of a millimeter too big to let the screen protector sit they it should. I am worried about dropping it. Seeing this, maybe it really doesn't matter?
    04-29-2017 09:49 AM
    The fact of the matter is some people are more careful and some are less. If you are one of those less careful accidents will happen more often. However, accidents can happen to anyone. Some people are willing to take that chance.

I personal fall on the less accident prone side of things and​ don't have a case but I do have a Square Trade warranty and put a Dbrand skin on my phone.

I think I have used the warranty once in the past 5 years. I left my phone in my bag while I played volleyball and when I took it out it was cracked. Not sure if someone knocked the bag off, hit it with a ball, or what happened. I sure was glad I had a warranty.
    LineKill likes this.
    04-29-2017 10:45 AM
    The fact of the matter is some people are more careful and some are less. If you are one of those less careful accidents will happen more often. However, accidents can happen to anyone. Some people are willing to take that chance.

I personal fall on the less accident prone side of things and​ don't have a case but I do have a Square Trade warranty and put a Dbrand skin on my phone.

I think I have used the warranty once in the past 5 years. I left my phone in my bag while I played volleyball and when I took it out it was cracked. Not sure if someone knocked the bag off, hit it with a ball, or what happened. I sure was glad I had a warranty.
    Thanks for the tip about SquareTrade. Looks pretty good except for the no coverage for loss or theft.
    04-29-2017 11:04 AM

It's nice to have piece of mind one way or the other☺️
    recDNA likes this.
    04-29-2017 11:09 AM
    My son's S8 with Spigen case and Spigen screen protector... CRACKED!
    Drop onto asphalt?
    04-29-2017 11:17 AM
    I prefer plastic myself. It takes a beating and if back is removable it can be cheaply replaced. I never understood the whole "premium" feel of glass reviewers tall about. 90 percent of people feel that premium glass back and throw a thick slab of rubber or plastic over it because it's so fragile. Kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it?
    From your mouth to Samsung's ear. People can't wait to throw a case on or soon tell us how they cracked the back. Glass is pretty but makes little sense for a device that gets so much use and can easily be dropped. Once the plastic case is on what good is the glass? I think plastic can look every bit as nice as glass.
    04-29-2017 11:21 AM
    Yea, Nokia used ceramic for their colorful Windows Phones. And, like you said, they could still use wireless charging.
    Is ceramic as unbreakable and scratch resistant as cheap thick plastic?
    04-29-2017 11:22 AM
    Are you buying phones just because it's pretty or to actually use its functionality?
    Glass adds nothing to functionality
    04-29-2017 11:23 AM
    From your mouth to Samsung's ear. People can't wait to throw a case on or soon tell us how they cracked the back. Glass is pretty but makes little sense for a device that gets so much use and can easily be dropped. Once the plastic case is on what good is the glass? I think plastic can look every bit as nice as glass.
    "What good is glass"?

More seamless wireless charging.
    Viscomi4444 and ol_jackburton like this.
    04-29-2017 11:24 AM
    Is ceramic as unbreakable and scratch resistant as cheap thick plastic?
    No offense. I really didn't mind the plastic or faux metal of prior Galaxy smartphones but I have always put a case as soon as possible, preferably ordering the case if it was available before release. If it were still plastic at this price point, I would be outraged.
    04-29-2017 11:26 AM
    "What good is glass"?

More seamless wireless charging.
    Plastic works fine. My Note 3 has the wireless charging back from Samsung and a thick 2 layer kickstand case and yet Qi stand charging is fine. Any orientation. No moving it around to find charging sweet spot. Perfect. And plastic far less likely to break. I've heard of many cases in which glass back was broken and user didn't even know until case was removed for some reason!
    04-29-2017 11:27 AM
    No offense. I really didn't mind the plastic or faux metal of prior Galaxy smartphones but I have always put a case as soon as possible, preferably ordering the case if it was available before release. If it were still plastic at this price point, I would be outraged.
    If they made a plastic version with the same features and processor with a flat screen I'd happily pay just as much. Sometimes ATT has such a model. I don't think it costs less. It is advertised as being more drop resistant but that was when Samsung phones had buttons.
    04-29-2017 11:32 AM
    Yes that is the one caveat of Square Trade.
    04-29-2017 12:03 PM
    If they made a plastic version with the same features and processor with a flat screen I'd happily pay just as much. Sometimes ATT has such a model. I don't think it costs less. It is advertised as being more drop resistant but that was when Samsung phones had buttons.
    I think you may be referring to the Active models. I have a friend who uses AT&T and he has a Galaxy S7 Active. It's not only drop resistant but has physical push button home and back keys (i.e. the keys can be depressed, they aren't capacitive like the S7/S7 Edge). The phone is thicker around the rim, and as you say is meant to be fairly drop resistant. Only problem is that since it's larger, it won't fit in the Samsung Gear VR.

I'm curious what they'll do this year since there's no flat screen option.
    04-29-2017 03:49 PM
    It's nice to have piece of mind one way or the other☺️
    Agreed...especially when one spend so much money on their device.
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    04-29-2017 04:36 PM
    People can be as careful as they may be, but as Almeuit basically said, accidents will happen.

Sh*t happens and it is better to be safe than sorryツ
    Well in the extremely rare case I do drop my phone, I have insurance. If I have to pay a deductible, so be it.

My note3 was never dropped, my note7 never dropped, blackberry priv, and my s8+, so far.

I take esthetics very serious when choosing a phone. That's why I always choose Samsung flagships. Not to obliterate it with some obnoxious case. To each their own though.
    05-01-2017 12:00 AM
    Well in the extremely rare case I do drop my phone, I have insurance. If I have to pay a deductible, so be it.

My note3 was never dropped, my note7 never dropped, blackberry priv, and my s8+, so far.

I take esthetics very serious when choosing a phone. That's why I always choose Samsung flagships. Not to obliterate it with some obnoxious case. To each their own though.
    Hey, if you don't like cases, which I really don't, insurance is a good piece of mind. I think insurance or a nice case is a must for these phones.

One thing I find cases are good for, in addition to protection, is to help hold and manipulate the phone a little better.
    05-01-2017 03:39 AM
    Yea, Nokia used ceramic for their colorful Windows Phones. And, like you said, they could still use wireless charging.
    I have owned many Nokia phones. None were ceramic, all were what Nokia calls polycarbonate. Aka plastic.
    05-01-2017 06:37 AM
    For me, I have a case, and depending on the situation, I may or may not have it on. Out to dinner or a drink, I'll show off how beautiful this phone is by leaving off the case. Out at a theme park, or hiking, yes the case goes on.

I like having choices.
    05-01-2017 09:51 AM
95 ... 234