I'm not sure if this is an issue or why exactly this is happening. I'm not a math wiz on resolution.

But i got my VR last night and it requires you to switch to using WQHD on the S8+. I have my swiftkey set to the smallest size because i like a tiny keyboard. However, now that i switched to WQHD it's MUCH bigger than i would consider being the smallest size.

So i'll add some screenshots. here in a little bit. The keyboard on the largest setting when i'm using FHD is barely bigger than when i'm using the smallest setting when it's using WQHD.

Also if i do use the largest setting using WQHD, it's literally half the screen of my S8+.

Any ideas how to fix this? i don't have any other apps that behave this way when using the higher resolution.

This is WQHD on smallest setting

This is FHD on largest setting

This is FHD on smallest setting (my preferred size)

And just for fun this is WQHD on largest setting
    Notate8 likes this.
    04-28-2017 08:23 AM
    My understanding is that Swiftkey is aware of this issue and are actively working on it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS8/co...d_size_update/
    Notate8 likes this.
    04-28-2017 08:28 AM
    My understanding is that Swiftkey is aware of this issue and are actively working on it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS8/co...d_size_update/
    Awesome. Glad to see i'm not the only one. Guess i'll stick to using FHD until it's fixed.
    Notate8 likes this.
    04-28-2017 08:33 AM
    I'm using QHD and resized the keyboard to the smallest setting and it looks normal now, that setting is perfect for me but if someone wants it smaller I wouldn't know what to do
    Notate8 likes this.
    04-28-2017 09:08 AM
    Now I know why the keyboard looked giant. Thanks for this. Glad to see that SwiftKey is working on the issue.
    Notate8 likes this.
    04-28-2017 10:03 AM
    Yep, I have this issue too, so I stuck to FHD. I'm also glad to see Swiftkey is looking at this.
    Notate8 likes this.
    04-28-2017 01:20 PM
    Hey all. I searched my problem and found this forum. Recently bought the Note 8 and having the same issue. It's discouraging to see that this was a problem for you in April, and here I am with the same complaint in December. Although I'm aware of the quick fix, I don't think it's fair that we should downgrade the capabilities of our high-end devices because they can't resolve the issue. I've been a long time user of SwiftKey & huge fan, but getting the most out of your phone is the reason anyone buys a Note 8 in the first place. If anyone knows of a way to resolve, or even a recommendation on alternative app/apps that don't have this gotten around this problem please share. Thanks
    12-05-2017 03:03 PM
    Oh, and another thing is with this new phone there has been a reoccurring notice with most apps when opening for the first time. An option to allow the app to use the full 6.3" screen, which makes the navigation bar in the bottom dissappear until swiping from the bottom of the screen. If SwiftKey utilized this it would allow users to have more screen real estate. I've suggested this to them along with my issue description, but if anyone knows a way to change this on my own, share the goods! Thanks again.
    12-05-2017 03:07 PM