Dammit... I gave in...!!!

Karong

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
Same here. Whe n the S8 was announced I told myself I will skip it. I was happy with my S7 and was content on waiting for the Note 8 or even the next iPhone but once I actually held it and played with it for about 15 minutes in a T-mobile store I ended up getting it right there on the spot. Dont regret it at all.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm also in the club of saying I'll probably stick with my s7 edge and look at the Note 8.

After trying out both the s8 phone variants I just found the s8 to hit the sweet spot with its dimensions and because it's not as wide as my s7 edge it's just so comfortable to hold.

The Note 8 is reported to be a bigger screen than the s8 + which would be the tipping point.

So I pulled the trigger yesterday and am currently setting it up which probably takes a little longer than normal as I personally prefer not to use Back Ups made via other phones.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
:)

It's such a slick phone ;)

Mightily impressed coming from my N6P, which I love BTW and still think it's one of the best phablets you can buy, more so with it being Vanilla Android

But I'm not missing the Vanilla Android experience, don't count myself as too a heavy user, and Android N on the S8+ is more than enough for my needs!

I too have done a fresh start on the S8+ and amazed at what apps I had that I rarely used!

Cases arrived today; very impressed with them. Still nervous about not having a screen protector, this will be the first phone I've ever had and not used a tempered glass protector!!! But, this stems for having an S7 Edge for all of 2 days, went through 5 tempered glass and film screen protectors and they were all useless! So, sold it on and bought the N6P instead!

64GB SD card installed as well; so lots of room for storage of pics and music etc :)

cases1.jpg
cases2.jpg

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
:)

It's such a slick phone ;)

Mightily impressed coming from my N6P, which I live BTW and still think it's one of the best phablets you can buy, more so with it being Vanilla Android

But I'm not missing the Vanilla Android experience, don't count myself as too a heavy user, and Android N on the S8+ is more than enough for my needs!

I too have done a fresh start on the S8+ and amazed at what apps I had that I rarely used!

Cases arrived today; very impressed with them. Still nervous about not having a screen saver!!!

64GB SD card installed as well; so lots of room for storage of pics and music etc :)

View attachment 258598
View attachment 258599

Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing!

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Can I ask how you like your wallet case? I have the S7 still and have decided that screen protectors are a thing of the past with curvy screens. Never had a wallet case... Wondering if it will impede my one handed use.

whitlecj

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Can I ask how you like your wallet case? I have the S7 still and have decided that screen protectors are a thing of the past with curvy screens. Never had a wallet case... Wondering if it will impede my one handed use.

I am curious about this too. I am in need of a new wallet and wondering if I can kill 2 birds. Just not sure how much I would like using the phone in a case like that though.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
It's such a slick phone

Mightily impressed coming from my N6P, which I love BTW and still think it's one of the best phablets you can buy, more so with it being Vanilla Android

Firstly, Congratulations on your purchase! Glad to see you are enjoying it :D Sometimes, It's a good thing to give in. If you want something and you can afford it, why punish yourself haha. That leather case looks very cool, Spigen always bring their 'A' game.

If you have time, let us know how the battery life is. Most seem to be getting very good results.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Firstly, Congratulations on your purchase! Glad to see you are enjoying it :D Sometimes, It's a good thing to give in. If you want something and you can afford it, why punish yourself haha. That leather case looks very cool, Spigen always bring their 'A' game.

If you have time, let us know how the battery life is. Most seem to be getting very good results.

Mines great! Not charged it since I got it on Friday, but it'll be ready for a charge this evening i'd say

Thought about getting a wireless charger too; but decided against it as I like to use a plugged in charger and I've got the Spigen aluminium stands on my desk for both my mobiles!

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Well; sad story to the S8 Plus fun

It cacked itself; screen went a solid red and wouldn't go back to normal, so returned to Samsung, sold it's replacement and bought myself a Note 5

Main reason is that now matter how good the S8 Plus was; the fact that the screen seems to be so soft and scratch prone, I couldn't keep on with it.

The Note 5 is still a damned good phablet and with a flat screen, easy to sort a tempered glass screen protector ;)

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Congrats. Moved to the S8+ after only 6 months on the S7E and it's a bigger upgrade than I thought it would be. Much snappier, much bigger screen and doesn't get hot or lag.