The Samsung Galaxy S8 has a random reboot problem and nobody knows why.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I think it rebooted once for me from the time I got this (April 20). I have the Samsung SD card from the immersive package and no issues.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Well I was all smiles reading the various issues users were experiencing. My time with the S8+ was perfect when all of a sudden, my phone froze and shut off. I can honestly say my smile turned to a frown. Ugh.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I just had my first reboot after 8 days.

Phone all of a sudden froze and rebooted. Also of note today is the first day I am using the phone with the Samsung 256gb SD card.

By the way this is NOT a little random problem. On Samsungs official community message boards there is over 20 pages of people have this problem. And many of the big name tech sites are now reporting this on their sites.

So it does seem like it is a little bit more than just a few people having this problem.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
My S8+ has crashed twice in the past three days (spontaneous reboots). Both times it was when I was trying to use the iris scanner. The first time, the phone emitted a high-pitched sound for a couple of seconds before shutting down. The second time, it flashed an "Iris scanner not responding" message for a second before shutting down.

Previously, my iris scanner had occasionally stopped working, but did not crash the phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a SD card in mine but haven't received a reboot. I would know if it did since it would force me to use my backup PIN to unlock my phone versus using my Finger Print reader.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital