I just bought a new Subaru and the dealer said my iphone would not work well with it as Apple had block some of the "use" . I however was able to use my iphone and the little phone button on the steering wheel however my phone was old s7 and so I bought a new one today and went android Galaxy 8. It synced up okay , and I can receive calls and answer them via the screen but I cant use the "phone" button on the steering wheel. When I push it now it says this device can only be used with a ios product? My daughter just bought a new crosstrek and same issue, if you use your phone you can make it work , but that is hardly the way it was intended to work. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. To old to be dealing with all this technical stuff .
    04-28-2017 09:23 PM
    I just bought a new Subaru and the dealer said my iphone would not work well with it as Apple had block some of the "use" . I however was able to use my iphone and the little phone button on the steering wheel however my phone was old s7 and so I bought a new one today and went android Galaxy 8. It synced up okay , and I can receive calls and answer them via the screen but I cant use the "phone" button on the steering wheel. When I push it now it says this device can only be used with a ios product? My daughter just bought a new crosstrek and same issue, if you use your phone you can make it work , but that is hardly the way it was intended to work. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. To old to be dealing with all this technical stuff .
    It sounds like it's an issue on your cars end. Works fine via steering wheel controls in my 2016 Chrysler 200.
    04-29-2017 09:21 AM
    Agree with @Nubwy. I have a 2016 Outback and my S8+ works as intended, phone and audio device. Contact Subaru of America (SoA) and talk with them as they're usually very responsive. You could also remove all the phone pairings and re-pair your new S8.
    04-29-2017 10:12 AM