Favorite aspects of S8

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I thought I'd share my initial review of my S8 so far. My last Samsung phone was the very first S3! within a month i had rooted it and put some AOSP ROM on it. Needless to say, i never went back to samsung. I've always had Moto X phones, then Nexus phones ,etc. Now, with the S8, the game changes a lot, but in a good way for once regarding Samsung! Touchwiz is dialed down immensely, and the customization of the UI is absolutely beautiful!:cool: That infinity screen is gorgeous! The Gorilla Glass 5 front and back is so nice to hold one-handed!;) The AOD (Always On Display) works IMO better than Google's Ambient Display which was always Half-Baked if you ask me. So far though, the BEST aspect of the S8 for me has got to be the battery. At first I thought that a 5.8" HD Screen with only a 3,000 MaH battery would suck considering my older Nexus 6P had a 3450 MaH battery and a 5.8" screen, and it could last through a normal work day but that was about it. I was on the Android Beta Program of course, and long story short, I didn't think it would happen to me, but my phone got the inevitable Bootloop issue one day at work which really sucked! :'( I went to my local VZW Store that night and had to upgrade. In all honesty, I was planning on upgrading sooner than later, but not at that very moment. Regardless, I got a 64 Gig, black S8, and quick charged it. I'm honestly stunned by the sheer performance/battery performance of this phone. Regardless of the Chipset. I know it's the Snapdragon 835, but there will always be a newer chip to use. HOwever, between the newer processor, and the battery, WOW!:cool: Insanely awesome battery! I just ordered off of Groupon a Samsung quick charge wireless charging stand for the phone, and a nice very slim red and gold case for the phone off of Amazon.

Thank you for reading and please let me know what your thoughts are regarding your new S8/S8+.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I wasn't even going to look at this phone I was planning on getting the next note because I had the Note 7 previously and had the S7 Edge in the meantime not very happy about that. I saw the specs went into the stores and played with the phones and went with pre ordering the s8plus. I really enjoy this phone it's very fast, battery is excellent, I have experienced no leg, and it also is not heating up as the 7 Edge and the Note 7 had in the past. The camera works pretty well as well and it handles all of my work and home needs

D P Hall

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
I was going to hold out for the Note 8 but I couldn't resist. I just traded in my LG V20 for the S8 and have zero regrets. This thing is a beast. I too was worried about the battery, and time will tell if it will hold up, but so far I'm not mad at it.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't even going to look at this phone I was planning on getting the next note because I had the Note 7 previously and had the S7 Edge in the meantime not very happy about that. I saw the specs went into the stores and played with the phones and went with pre ordering the s8plus. I really enjoy this phone it's very fast, battery is excellent, I have experienced no leg, and it also is not heating up as the 7 Edge and the Note 7 had in the past. The camera works pretty well as well and it handles all of my work and home needs
Like I said, I was gonna hold out for the pixel 2 xl and I'm still waiting just to see what Google ilIs capable of from mountain view ! I was looking towards the galaxy s 8 regard though. . Like I said, unfortunately, google for stock android does tons of things beautifully right the one thing that we all use every single day of the week is ambient displayed for lock screen notifications is half baked at best!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I was going to hold out for the Note 8 but I couldn't resist. I just traded in my LG V20 for the S8 and have zero regrets. This thing is a beast. I too was worried about the battery, and time will tell if it will hold up, but so far I'm not mad at it.
To be honest with you, I had looked at the el g g six in my local v z w store. The problem is that it doesn't look for feel as good in the hand like the galaxy s8does. LG also doesn't inspire confidence towards me from my company brand perspective for marketing. I'll go On the record books by saying that.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Like others have mentioned, I too was going to wait on the Note 8. However, I fell into Samsung's trap an all the hype/reviews that surrounded this phone. Again as others have mentioned, I am satisfied with this phone. I like that I haven't had any accidental touches (like on the S7 edge) and I like the amazing battery life.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Like others have mentioned, I too was going to wait on the Note 8. However, I fell into Samsung's trap an all the hype/reviews that surrounded this phone. Again as others have mentioned, I am satisfied with this phone. I like that I haven't had any accidental touches (like on the S7 edge) and I like the amazing battery life.

Yes, me too as well! I know there's another forum on accidental drops and thankfully i haven't dropped my phone yet. I mean in general it is slippery, but I absolutely love the fact that its' got Corning Gorilla Glass on both the front and back of the phone. Essentially, the phone is made out of strong beautiful glass! The battery life is just simply amazing.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Yes, me too as well! I know there's another forum on accidental drops and thankfully i haven't dropped my phone yet. I mean in general it is slippery, but I absolutely love the fact that its' got Corning Gorilla Glass on both the front and back of the phone. Essentially, the phone is made out of strong beautiful glass! The battery life is just simply amazing.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the gorilla glass.