05-08-2017 08:58 PM
84 1234
tools
    Standard polyurethane, xtremeguard has theirs out for $1.99 each free shipping on ebay, I have it installed now. Unfortunately it is also edge to edge like samsungs and thus not the most case friendly.
    Funny enough the edges are fine, it was the bottom and top corners that are bubbling a little due to pressure from the case. During application only one corner was impossible to keep down when I inserted it into the case, but now pretty much all 4 of them show a sign of non-adhesion. It doesn't seem to cause any issue though, it just looks like air trapped under the very edge.

I might seek out a case friend skin, but I am not digging the feels of polyurethane again after enjoying glass on the g4. I'll need to look to see if someones made a good glass that lacks the curved edge part, or I may actually enlist a wallet style case and keep the screen naked.
    From the YouTube review it seems the Samsung cases are compatible with it and I think TechZilla mentions a 3rd party one too.

I'll be using the Black Dragon dbrand skin when it arrives.
    04-30-2017 11:11 AM
    The fraud of exchanging a phone one scratched by using another reason is one reason the phone costs $840.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    04-30-2017 11:51 AM
    I've used this one.

Is this only available in the UK? I haven't found it in any of the US stores.

This reminds me of the PET film that Bodyguardz has for the S7e, but they don't seem to be making it for the S8/S8+. It seems more flexible than the PET film, but it looks like it has a similar hardness which I like. The Bodyguardz one was very case friendly, but this one doesn't seem to be other than those cases the reviewer mentions. However, in his comments - he said it didn't work with the Spigen Neo Hybrid, but then later on he said it did. I wonder if it will then work on the Spigen Tough Armor. Bodyguardz seems to have foregone the PET film and made something more flexible for the S8/S8+ which from what I've read is not case friendly.

To the OP - if the cost of changing the screen is not going up and you can't replace the phone - I would wait for a bit to see how much it bothers me. If it continues to bother me after some time - then I'd get the screen replaced. However, sometimes I notice that within time, certain things that bothered me before I end up not caring about later. If the scratch is more towards the bezel (prob not with this screen) then maybe I'd really wait. Sorry about this because at least initially - this would bother me a lot.

This is why I take with a grain of salt, comments from folks about how you can't scratch the screen because of the mega Gorilla Glass it has... From what I've always understood - Gorilla Glass is scratch resistant - not scratch proof - and the real strength is against breakage and not scratches.
    04-30-2017 12:22 PM
    Guess I've been really lucky for the past eight years

Belt clip with belt loops, BTW. Fine Corinthian leather.
    I've seen three people shatter three phones from belt clips.
    04-30-2017 12:23 PM
    @KupKrazy

If you launch the video there is several links added under it for ordering.
    04-30-2017 12:26 PM
    @KupKrazy

If you launch the video there is several links added under it for ordering.
    Ahh thanks - I saw it on the Youtube page.. It looks like it's still shipped from the UK however. Interesting - thanks for the heads up!
    bandofbrothers2112 likes this.
    04-30-2017 12:34 PM
    Hope the store will honor that. So many times phone rep says take to store for exchange, get to the store and they send you back to phone reps
    Hopefully. The sales rep sent me a text confirming what she said as well as waiving the $35 restocking fee.
    04-30-2017 12:39 PM
    You have to be careful wiping the screen
    04-30-2017 08:00 PM
    Mod Note - Cleaned a few posts up. Let's keep the discussion away from fraud please .. That isn't a legal thing to discuss. If you have questions shoot me a PM.

Thanks.
    bandofbrothers2112 likes this.
    04-30-2017 09:13 PM
    Just noticed my fingerprint scanner is scratched. Not sure how that happened.

Does anybody know if that could affect its functionality? No scratches yet anywhere else surprisingly.
    05-01-2017 11:08 PM
    Just noticed my fingerprint scanner is scratched. Not sure how that happened.

Does anybody know if that could affect its functionality? No scratches yet anywhere else surprisingly.
    According to JerryRigEverything he scratched it up pretty hardcore but it still worked fine.
    J4To likes this.
    05-01-2017 11:32 PM
    Damn the back glass is easy to scratch, I dont like that. I was so careful trying not to scratch my phone, yet i noticed today a little scratch on the back -_-
    05-02-2017 04:25 PM
    They do fill in some small scratches
    Small scratches are invisible with screen on
    05-04-2017 03:58 PM
    i loved having a belt holster for my phones, but alas the wife and kids rode me about it so hard that i gave them up. i have since made the change to always wear a shirt with a pocket, i keep my phone in my shirt pocket all the time. that and the wallet case i use there is little chance of a scratch
    Unless you bend over and phone smashes onto asphalt and bounces into puddle. I've done it.
    the_munc_e likes this.
    05-04-2017 04:01 PM
    Guess I've been really lucky for the past eight years

Belt clip with belt loops, BTW. Fine Corinthian leather.
    Mine is fine Corinthian plastic. LOL
    the_munc_e likes this.
    05-04-2017 04:02 PM
    Damn the back glass is easy to scratch, I dont like that. I was so careful trying not to scratch my phone, yet i noticed today a little scratch on the back -_-
    One reason I hate the glass back.
    05-04-2017 04:02 PM
    Unless you bend over and phone smashes onto asphalt and bounces into puddle. I've done it.
    i have been training myself since the iphone 5 came out to never bend over, i bend my knees and squat. for those rare times i do bend over i remove the phone from my pocket. it did take some training of my memory muscle but it have become very universal now. i had a lifeproof case on the iphone 5 so it was safe through that adjustment period.
    recDNA likes this.
    05-04-2017 07:33 PM
    Yup, just commenting on the leather, not the case as such.

Does your case have a flap on top to keep the phone from slipping out? If so, how does it fasten?
    Just saw this (sorry). Yes, has flap and secures magnetically.
    05-04-2017 07:35 PM
    Totally agree, gorilla glass 5 is garbage and a scratch magnet! I had my S5 for almost 3 years and not a single scratch. My Note 7 had a few light scratches after a few weeks. My S8+ is just over 2 weeks old and has a light scratch on the screen already.

I baby this thing, so I don't know how it is already scratched!
    05-04-2017 09:20 PM
    Totally agree, gorilla glass 5 is garbage and a scratch magnet! I had my S5 for almost 3 years and not a single scratch. My Note 7 had a few light scratches after a few weeks. My S8+ is just over 2 weeks old and has a light scratch on the screen already.

I baby this thing, so I don't know how it is already scratched!
    Even small, sharp particles unseen by the human eye can technically scratch a glass screen
    05-04-2017 11:05 PM
    I wish samsung would go with saphire glass
    05-05-2017 05:41 PM
    I wish samsung would go with saphire glass

My understanding is that is more scratch resistant but is more prone to shatter from drop damage etc.
    the_munc_e and crzycrkr like this.
    05-06-2017 01:08 PM
    Ha! The belt clip cases definitely do not look cool by any stretch of the imagination. But they work & am personally in/out of cars that are in tight places quite a few times per day. Using these, do not have to worry about scratching the car or leaving the phone inside of it etc. Have a Otterbox Defender on the S8+, but have used the inexpensive ones via Amazon in the past.
    I use them too. Mainly for the kickstand for video watching, but also I can't stand putting my phone (S6 Edge+) in anything but a shirt pocket.
    05-06-2017 01:29 PM
    Hmm... I thought the purpose of "Gorilla Glass" was to no longer be subjected to scratches from everyday use?

I just got my S8+ a few days ago. I just came from using the Lumia line of phones for the past 4 years or so since my last Samsung S series phones.
    I stopped using screen protectors since the last S series 4 years ago because they take away the feel of the screen and they need to be continuously replaced as they scratch so easily. Also having a screen protector takes away the appearance of a nice phone screen as soon as you start to accumulate scratches in those protectors.

I am a commercial/industrial HVAC tech so I handle my phones with dirty hands and have to often wipe the screen with my shirt, etc.
    My Lumia Icon, Lumia 1520 and the more recent Lumia 950XL could always be wiped clean and look brand new.
    I'm hoping that the scratches in his S8+ was from something more than just everyday handling of the phone. :-/
    05-06-2017 02:05 PM
    16 days old and the back of my phone looks like it's been through a war despite being kept in a case. I posted a few photos last week but now I have DEEP scratches.

I can't wait for my dbrand skin to come in. Also, I was planning on keeping this phone for a few years but due to the athestics, I'll promptly exchange it next year when my AT&T Next plan matures.
    05-06-2017 05:34 PM
84 1234