05-08-2017 08:58 PM
84 ... 234
tools
    I Had an iPhone and went to and S8 love the way it looks I didn't want a screen protector I got a otterBox but it doesn't have a Built-in screen protector sales guy at the store suggested this so far it works perfectly knock on wood I haven't had a scratch on the glass or anything feels like it has nothing on it at all no kind of film or anything it went on pretty easy almost like magic wipe it clean dry it then wip this stuff on it and done. Will have to see how it works. They'll cover it if damaged well up to 100$
    Attached Thumbnails S8+ and....scratches!-2914.jpg  
    Anastayja1 likes this.
    05-07-2017 11:33 AM
    Hmm... I thought the purpose of "Gorilla Glass" was to no longer be subjected to scratches from everyday use?

I just got my S8+ a few days ago. I just came from using the Lumia line of phones for the past 4 years or so since my last Samsung S series phones.
    I stopped using screen protectors since the last S series 4 years ago because they take away the feel of the screen and they need to be continuously replaced as they scratch so easily. Also having a screen protector takes away the appearance of a nice phone screen as soon as you start to accumulate scratches in those protectors.

I am a commercial/industrial HVAC tech so I handle my phones with dirty hands and have to often wipe the screen with my shirt, etc.
    My Lumia Icon, Lumia 1520 and the more recent Lumia 950XL could always be wiped clean and look brand new.
    I'm hoping that the scratches in his S8+ was from something more than just everyday handling of the phone. :-/
    More for shatterproof i would say. Starting from GG4 it got stronger and more resistant to cracks and shatters from drops, but also less scratch proof. I could see why, as with scratches phone is still more than useable, just ugly. But if it shatters or cracks, then much more likely to be not usable anymore and need glass replacing.
    05-07-2017 01:53 PM
    Yes, suppose to be more tougher than it's predecessor... about 1.5x stronger than GG4. But there are variables to those claims. When they test it was flat face down and not dropped on corners or edges. And each glass tested/compared had uniform thickness.

So if the glass is not protected by a bezel or if the glass protrudes above bezel or if the glass is all curved like in the case of the Samsung or they used different thickness glass... IMO, all bets are off on that 80% survival rate of others. Can you imagine if their tests included side drops??

But you buy the phone because it's crazy beautiful. Just have to realize when you have a piece that's practically all glass and curved at almost every edge and barely any bezel for protection, you're phones gonna have to be a little bit more careful with your phone and take extra care.

https://www.theverge.com/2016/7/20/1...cracked-screen

More for shatterproof i would say. Starting from GG4 it got stronger and more resistant to cracks and shatters from drops, but also less scratch proof. I could see why, as with scratches phone is still more than useable, just ugly. But if it shatters or cracks, then much more likely to be not usable anymore and need glass replacing.
    05-07-2017 02:56 PM
    Hmm... I thought the purpose of "Gorilla Glass" was to no longer be subjected to scratches from everyday use?
    You are wrong, the purpose of gorilla glass was not to shatter under the same stress as glass.
    05-07-2017 05:23 PM
    05-08-2017 06:38 AM
    Can anyone recommend a holster for the s8 plus? With belt loops and not a clip?

I like my Spigen case, bought a zizo case because it comes with a belt clip, but, personally, don't like the case as much.

Plus those "clips" always catch on something and break off.

I'm also using Spigen neoflex wet application screen protector. It's nearly invisible but takes some getting use to because it feels like rubber.
    05-08-2017 09:47 AM
    I use the PdAir Vertical holster case with belt clip.
    Attached Thumbnails S8+ and....scratches!-2017-05-08-16-01-54-.jpg  
    05-08-2017 10:03 AM
    So...it's been 5 days and yes, i got a nice around 2 cm scratch on my phone! I was really careful with it, no keys in the same pocket or anything else so i have no idea how it got that scratch (which is kinda deep since i can feel it using my fingernail) but it is what it is now. Although i have to say that my S7E haven't gotten a single scratch.

So, anyone used cerium oxide? I kinda want this scratch to be gone, otherwise ill be replacing the screen!

Any ideas?
    Just leave it alone otherwise you'll make it worse. You'll get used to the scratches. Another thing you could do is resell it and buy another one which is the safer route.
    05-08-2017 12:31 PM
    I Had an iPhone and went to and S8 love the way it looks I didn't want a screen protector I got a otterBox but it doesn't have a Built-in screen protector sales guy at the store suggested this so far it works perfectly knock on wood I haven't had a scratch on the glass or anything feels like it has nothing on it at all no kind of film or anything it went on pretty easy almost like magic wipe it clean dry it then wip this stuff on it and done. Will have to see how it works. They'll cover it if damaged well up to 100$
    I have this also. Using it on the front and back of the phone. Since it takes up to 48 hours to cure I haven't used a case in 2 days. Have been sliding my phone in my Sena pouch instead.
    05-08-2017 08:58 PM
84 ... 234