S8+ and....scratches!

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I just came back from the store, i purchased and applied Samsung's official film protector, the scratch is gone, u can only see a portion of it when you place it under a bright lamp!

Gotta get a wet protector from amazon too, u think it will work even better?

Where did you find an "official Samsung film"? I keep hearing about this but none of the stores in my area have something like that and I can't find anything online about it.

What brand is it?

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Been using belt loop cases to hold my phones for at least 10 years. If you're 69 like I am nobody cares if you look cool or not. Still use on phone case to protect against drops.

One thing the years do teach you is that trying to look cool is the least cool thing one can do.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Been using belt loop cases to hold my phones for at least 10 years. If you're 69 like I am nobody cares if you look cool or not. Still use on phone case to protect against drops.

One thing the years do teach you is that trying to look cool is the least cool thing one can do.
There's my belt loop holder. Your right, you get older you don't sweat over stupid stuff like looks. It's a pocket plus, has 2 compartments, one for my phone and the other for whatever. Loops around my belt and connects via magnet, you can even just loop it on your pants.

c8f09c197ed3e939f773617cb6c86003.jpg

artrinadf

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I too have light scratches on my screen and after reading this thread I contacted Verizon. They are giving me a brand new phone from the store after they inspect it.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I too have light scratches on my screen and after reading this thread I contacted Verizon. They are giving me a brand new phone from the store after they inspect it.
Hope the store will honor that. So many times phone rep says take to store for exchange, get to the store and they send you back to phone reps

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I've used this one.

Standard polyurethane, xtremeguard has theirs out for $1.99 each free shipping on ebay, I have it installed now. Unfortunately it is also edge to edge like samsungs and thus not the most case friendly.
Funny enough the edges are fine, it was the bottom and top corners that are bubbling a little due to pressure from the case. During application only one corner was impossible to keep down when I inserted it into the case, but now pretty much all 4 of them show a sign of non-adhesion. It doesn't seem to cause any issue though, it just looks like air trapped under the corner pieces.

I might seek out a case friend skin, but I am not digging the feels of polyurethane again after enjoying glass on the g4. I'll need to look to see if someones made a good glass that lacks the curved edge part, or I may actually enlist a wallet style case and keep the screen naked.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Standard polyurethane, xtremeguard has theirs out for $1.99 each free shipping on ebay, I have it installed now. Unfortunately it is also edge to edge like samsungs and thus not the most case friendly.
Funny enough the edges are fine, it was the bottom and top corners that are bubbling a little due to pressure from the case. During application only one corner was impossible to keep down when I inserted it into the case, but now pretty much all 4 of them show a sign of non-adhesion. It doesn't seem to cause any issue though, it just looks like air trapped under the very edge.

I might seek out a case friend skin, but I am not digging the feels of polyurethane again after enjoying glass on the g4. I'll need to look to see if someones made a good glass that lacks the curved edge part, or I may actually enlist a wallet style case and keep the screen naked.

From the YouTube review it seems the Samsung cases are compatible with it and I think TechZilla mentions a 3rd party one too.

I'll be using the Black Dragon dbrand skin when it arrives.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Is this only available in the UK? I haven't found it in any of the US stores.

This reminds me of the PET film that Bodyguardz has for the S7e, but they don't seem to be making it for the S8/S8+. It seems more flexible than the PET film, but it looks like it has a similar hardness which I like. The Bodyguardz one was very case friendly, but this one doesn't seem to be other than those cases the reviewer mentions. However, in his comments - he said it didn't work with the Spigen Neo Hybrid, but then later on he said it did. I wonder if it will then work on the Spigen Tough Armor. Bodyguardz seems to have foregone the PET film and made something more flexible for the S8/S8+ which from what I've read is not case friendly.

To the OP - if the cost of changing the screen is not going up and you can't replace the phone - I would wait for a bit to see how much it bothers me. If it continues to bother me after some time - then I'd get the screen replaced. However, sometimes I notice that within time, certain things that bothered me before I end up not caring about later. If the scratch is more towards the bezel (prob not with this screen) then maybe I'd really wait. Sorry about this because at least initially - this would bother me a lot.

This is why I take with a grain of salt, comments from folks about how you can't scratch the screen because of the mega Gorilla Glass it has... From what I've always understood - Gorilla Glass is scratch resistant - not scratch proof - and the real strength is against breakage and not scratches.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note - Cleaned a few posts up. Let's keep the discussion away from fraud please .. That isn't a legal thing to discuss. If you have questions shoot me a PM.

Thanks.

J4To

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Just noticed my fingerprint scanner is scratched. Not sure how that happened.

Does anybody know if that could affect its functionality? No scratches yet anywhere else surprisingly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21