05-06-2017 07:29 AM
53 123
tools
    I always seem to find myself coming back to the iPhone. Until now.

I am so confident in my immediate love for the s8+ that I sold off my 7 plus today. Wish me luck
    04-29-2017 01:45 PM
    I felt like that with the note 7 but i had to go back to apple for obvious reasons. I'm back and confident with my choice.
    manni1to and drewood31601 like this.
    04-29-2017 01:52 PM

I am so confident in my immediate love for the s8+ that I sold off my 7 plus today. Wish me luck
    Good that you are enjoying the phone, but wait until the honeymoon period is over if you kept going back to iPhone before 😉
    manni1to likes this.
    04-29-2017 01:58 PM

That's a bold move. My matte black 7+ is on a shelf, ready to go if need be. I like the S8+ but I'll be bored with it by mid summer. Switch back to the 7+ for a while.
    04-29-2017 02:07 PM
    You won't look back.

Well I haven't!
    04-29-2017 02:13 PM
    I don't know. The design and screen on this trump the 7 plus alone !
    04-29-2017 02:17 PM
    That's a bold move. My matte black 7+ is on a shelf, ready to go if need be. I like the S8+ but I'll be bored with it by mid summer. Switch back to the 7+ for a while.
    I don't understand how someone can be get bored with a Samsung flagship and then go to an iphone lol. I could never go from an s8+ to an ugly bezeled phone with an inferior display and worse battery life. Plus the iPhone is so restricted with everything.
    04-29-2017 02:26 PM
    I'll be bored with it by mid summer. Switch back to the 7+ for a while.
    lmao an Apple person saying theyll be bored with an Android, how funny is that
    04-29-2017 02:27 PM

Good job turning away from The Dark Side.
    Welcome to The Rebellion.

Mav.
    T48 and kevinpleasants like this.
    04-29-2017 02:44 PM
    I also sold my iPhone 7 Plus for the S8+. I'm loving the customization that android has! Really the only thing I miss is being able to use iMessage on my computer...Unless there is a way to do that with android!?????
    04-29-2017 02:50 PM
    I did as well but there are two things I HATE. Firstly, the emoticons form the S8 look **** compared to iPhone, but thats not the worst thing. The thing I hate te most is that the preview of your camera (in standard app and snapchat) is slow frames (it's worse in low light). I haven't found a solution for that yet, but if you have, please let me know! For the rest, LOVE THIS PHONE <3
    04-29-2017 03:00 PM
    Seen an ad for the s8 on Facebook one day. Started looking into it. Preordered it. Knew as soon as I took this phone out of the box I was keeping it. Sold my 7 plus the next day. No regrets. Sorry apple. Your lack of new design and features pushed me away. Android has gotten better. Before the only thing that kept me from android was stabibility and reliability. That's definitely changed. No reason for me to go back now.

And on a side note...I have experienced less lag, glitches, and crashes with the 8 plus, in the first week that I have had it (got it on release day) than I did with the 7 plus, that apple should have mastered since its basically a 3 year old phone.
    04-29-2017 03:01 PM
    I wont say I have given up on my iPhone. I have been a diehard IOS person for quite some time but went with the S8 yesterday and out my iPhone in the drawer. I will decide which one to use as as daily driver after the honeymoon period is over. So much I forgot about Android and trying to learn it all over again. I did have the Note 7 and we know what happened there as well.
    04-29-2017 03:43 PM
    I also sold my iPhone 7 Plus for the S8+. I'm loving the customization that android has! Really the only thing I miss is being able to use iMessage on my computer...Unless there is a way to do that with android!?????
    Not iMessage because there is no way of having that unless you have an iOS but you can use Side Sync from Samsung on your PC or Mac and have your messages and basically all your phone replicated on your computer.
    04-29-2017 04:05 PM
    Not iMessage because there is no way of having that unless you have an iOS but you can use Side Sync from Samsung on your PC or Mac and have your messages and basically all your phone replicated on your computer.
    NICE! Thank you. Downloading and setting it up now...
    04-29-2017 04:17 PM
    Isn't that great? People love to hate Samsung, but little things like this one that they bring to the table, no other Android OEM has and a lot of them not even Apple can dream of, AKA S8 whole package.
    bassplayrguy, jma78b and Alan Sims like this.
    04-29-2017 04:29 PM
    Pushbullet works as a decent iMessage replacement.
    James Rogers2 and Alan Sims like this.
    04-29-2017 11:56 PM
    lmao an Apple person saying theyll be bored with an Android, how funny is that
    Have to agree, that is funny.
    Viscomi4444 and Alan Sims like this.
    04-30-2017 12:41 AM
    I always go back to Apple. I've had every iPhone since the 3g. The thing I'm finding now though is I don't hang around long as I get too bored with them quickly. Too sound cliché...they just work! They work and they work well and they're super reliable and my god I miss the 7Plus dual cameras but I had 2 iphone 7 plus this year after jumping and coming back this time to it and my apple watch I only lasted a little over a week before I sent it back and ordered this s8 Plus. Sold the Apple Watch and bought a ZenWatch 2 and couldn't be happier for now....even if I do keep reaching for my wife's 7 Plus to use her camera when we're out together
    edubb256, zipro and anon(5630457) like this.
    04-30-2017 01:37 AM
    I'm also about to switch to S8+ from iPhone but just worried about certain apps that are currently available only on iPhone e.g. SecureCRT (It's a very good SSH client that lets me sync all my SSH Shortcuts/Servers to my phone)

I've used android in past, infact i even have a OnePlus2 as a standby phone just in case my primary phone dies (though this one is mostly with my kids for games)

Expecting my S8+ to be delivered this week (in my country it's still in pre-booking stage, already booked it)
    04-30-2017 01:53 AM
    Use Facebook messenger instead, or WhatsApp :-)
    04-30-2017 02:07 AM
    I always go back to Apple. I've had every iPhone since the 3g. The thing I'm finding now though is I don't hang around long as I get too bored with them quickly. Too sound cliché...they just work! They work and they work well and they're super reliable and my god I miss the 7Plus dual cameras but I had 2 iphone 7 plus this year after jumping and coming back this time to it and my apple watch I only lasted a little over a week before I sent it back and ordered this s8 Plus. Sold the Apple Watch and bought a ZenWatch 2 and couldn't be happier for now....even if I do keep reaching for my wife's 7 Plus to use her camera when we're out together
    Same here. I can't bring myself to selling the 7 Plus, although it looks like something from an 80s movie compared to the S8+

My problem is that I love my Apple Watch (yes, sorry.). Can't use that with the S8+

Apart from that while I really like the S8 for now, it has its shortcomings or rather Android apps have their shortcomings. For example, my electronic door lock unlocks itself every time I turn off airplane mode on the S8+. Crap like that just doesn't happen on iOS.

So I'll be sticking with he S8+ and 7 Plus combo until winter and will then sell both for the iPhone 8. And then I'll see what Samsung has in 2018 :-)
    manni1to likes this.
    04-30-2017 02:11 AM
    Check this out - https://android-ichat.mdrs.io
    04-30-2017 04:46 AM
    Precisely why we will never see it. The number one/two faves for most Apple users is iMessage and FaceTime. Apple will not allow migration to Android in any Apple indigenous way.

Agreed it would be nice though! FaceTime as well.
    04-30-2017 07:55 AM
    Isn't that just to the Mac and not to the iPhone? Still handy if you have a Mac.
    04-30-2017 07:59 AM
53 123