I know it's crap by Cheetah but still wondering why Verizon strips this feature out of Galaxy phones while other carriers leave it in.
    04-29-2017 02:14 PM
    I would think that having one less piece of Cheetah sh*t on the device would be a good thing. Big Red occasionally screws up and does something positive for the user. Go with it.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    04-29-2017 02:30 PM
    What was the program missing? I really dislike post like these that assume everyone knows wtf your talking about. -_-
    04-29-2017 02:45 PM
    What was the program missing? I really dislike post like these that assume everyone knows wtf your talking about. -_-
    You can see it in this video:

jeffmd likes this.
    04-29-2017 02:51 PM
    Well if you read the title that tells you what
    DEVICE MAINTENANCE
    04-29-2017 03:02 PM
    They probably know it's crap too. Wouldn't be surprised if they have something else they'd rather us use. It's good they keep it out though so I don't question it.
    04-29-2017 05:07 PM
    This is what's missing (#46). I don't think it's just Cheetah. If change the setting menu to a simple list it gives you the Device maintenance menu, but there are far fewer options.

04-29-2017 06:40 PM
    i don't like them keeping stuff out, weather it is a good thing for you or not. they should leave the phones alone, we all lose in the long run when they arbitrarily remove features just because they think they know best.
    bhatech likes this.
    04-29-2017 08:02 PM
    I can tell you why. Verizon has maintenance built into the my Verizon app
    04-29-2017 10:34 PM
    No clue .. I am glad they did though.
    04-29-2017 11:32 PM
    I'm not from the US but I cannot stand Verizon. Worst was putting their logo everywhere.

Are they really that good? If I have to spend $10+ more on AT&T or T-Mobile I would.

Up here it the only issue back then was Carrier Bloatware but that was 2-3 years ago.
    bhatech likes this.
    04-29-2017 11:57 PM
    I'm not from the US but I cannot stand Verizon. Worst was putting their logo everywhere.

Are they really that good? If I have to spend $10+ more on AT&T or T-Mobile I would.

Up here it the only issue back then was Carrier Bloatware but that was 2-3 years ago.
    For some people may be, but for majority of people there are multiple carrier choices so I choose to speak with my wallet since I have good coverage from every carrier.
    04-30-2017 12:44 AM
    i don't like them keeping stuff out, weather it is a good thing for you or not. they should leave the phones alone, we all lose in the long run when they arbitrarily remove features just because they think they know best.
    Yep it's just the principle of a carrier deciding what's good for me is what irritates me. Obviously they do this because they are corrupt and unless they get a cut out of it they rather put some other junk from which they can make money.
    04-30-2017 12:46 AM
    Man I wish they took it out for the TMobile version as well
    04-30-2017 01:26 AM
    What's everyone's issue with Device Maintenance?
    04-30-2017 05:29 AM
    What's everyone's issue with Device Maintenance?
    It's made by Cheetah.
    04-30-2017 05:37 AM

Have literally tried them all, trying to get the best "deals," and Verizon is the only network in my area (and my areas of travel) that's always reliable. Without fail, no matter where I go, Verizon works and works well. Can't say the same of the others. Also, NO logo or bloatware ever on Apple iPhones. And no logo on the S8s this year.
    04-30-2017 06:07 AM
    Having it on the edge panel looks pretty interesting but I'll never know as Verizon has stripped it out of my phone.
    04-30-2017 07:30 AM
    Yep it's just the principle of a carrier deciding what's good for me is what irritates me. Obviously they do this because they are corrupt and unless they get a cut out of it they rather put some other junk from which they can make money.
    right it is just a matter of time before they remove something that matters to you (not you personally bhatech) and then it will be too late. i have no idea how to best let them know that this type of tampering is not appreciated or needed.
    04-30-2017 05:08 PM
    Because they can. You're buying the Verizon model.

Don't like it, don't buy it.
    04-30-2017 05:27 PM
    Because they can. You're buying the Verizon model.

Don't like it, don't buy it.
    i understand that, so you have never had a complaint about something you have bought. you have never been unhappy with a service provided you. you have never had limited options based on your use or area of service.

not trying to argue
    04-30-2017 06:33 PM
    i understand that, so you have never had a complaint about something you have bought. you have never been unhappy with a service provided you. you have never had limited options based on your use or area of service.

not trying to argue
    I'll rank certain features higher than others. If it's ranked low, it's not big enough for me to care. They'll still get my money so complaining won't do anything. If it's ranked high and I don't like what's been done, I'll care enough to not buy the product because of it and that speaks volumes.
    04-30-2017 06:41 PM
    Not sure why they removed it. I would guess that they have their own version of the same thing. I personally think it's a good idea. Anything by Cheetah Mobile should be considered risky software anyway.
    05-01-2017 09:26 AM
    AT&T stripped out Download Booster. Carriers should stop trying remove features from devices given that they no longer subsidize device costs.
    05-01-2017 09:37 AM
    After having AT&T and Sprint in my area, Verizon has the best service and coverage in my area. There is a reason people pay for it even though it is the most expensive.

05-01-2017 09:50 AM