06-25-2017 11:35 AM
152 123 ...
tools
    Did you end up keeping the S8 or S8+? I admit it was a very pretty and beautiful phone (probably the best looking Samsung phone to date), but I didn't like the shape and feel of the S8 Plus that I had so I turned it back in and got my old phone back. Bixby button is located in an inconvenient spot as well as the fingerprint scanner. The only thing I would get an S8 for is to use the Gear VR. I would've kept it if the placement of buttons were in a better position. I'd rather get a Note 7 if they started to resell them, at least the screen is not too curvy and easier to hold.

EDIT: Also I wasn't very impressed with the camera, not much different than the S7. The loudspeaker also was disappointing, but that's how it is with water-resistant phones. I would've probably prefer the regular S8 because the S8 Plus was awkwardly too long. Touchwiz felt slightly laggy (I'm coming from a V20 which has one of the fastest OS experience). The price was too much, $850 plus tax was $932, not worth it. I rather keep my V20 which is $300 cheaper.
    James Rogers2 likes this.
    04-29-2017 09:56 PM
    Did you end up keeping the S8 or S8+? I admit it was a very pretty and beautiful phone (probably the best looking Samsung phone to date), but I didn't like the shape and feel of the S8 Plus that I had so I turned it back in and got my old phone back. Bixby button is located in an inconvenient spot as well as the fingerprint scanner. The only thing I would get an S8 for is to use the Gear VR. I would've kept it if the placement of buttons were in a better position. I'd rather get a Note 7 if they started to resell them, at least the screen is not too curvy and easier to hold.
    What's your old phone? I turned in my 7edge, jumped to the s8plus. I had it for a few days first then decided I really like the 8+ so off went the 7edge
    Alan Sims likes this.
    04-29-2017 10:02 PM
    The note 7 is not expected to come to America if that is where you are.
    04-29-2017 10:48 PM
    8+ is far better than the Note 7- unless the pen is vital for use.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    04-29-2017 11:16 PM
    I got rid of mine. The screen had pink, but it just didn't feel right after my Pixel. I actually think that I might prefer the regular S8 instead size wise, but I'm going to hold off for now.
    04-29-2017 11:41 PM
    Yes, I'm keeping both! LOL

No, doubt this is Samsung best work. FPS location aside of course, at least they kept the 3.5mm headphone jack.
    04-29-2017 11:51 PM
    I love my 8+. I'm getting way better battery life compared to my old S7 Edge.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    04-30-2017 12:05 AM
    I sold my Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and chose the s8 which I picked up on Friday 28th.

For me I changed from my previous phone to the s8 because....

Newer faster optimised Exynos Chip.
    Slightly longer screen. (S8+ was just too long for me.)
    The change in width makes it so much more comfortable to hold.
    As the edges are not as pronounced there is far fewer accidental touches.
    Additional options to unlock.

In regards to the Bixby Button I've yet to accidentally press it although I do agree that perhaps Samsung shouldn't have pushed that on the phone or at least allow full access to ReMap it and not try and block this.
    jhnnyblze2000 likes this.
    04-30-2017 12:11 AM
    I'm keeping mine, at least until the Note 8. I love the FPS, screen size and display, fast and efficient 835 chip, battery life, camera ect. The weaknesses for me are the slightly off oled colors, unfinished Bixby and a sense that Samsung tried to stuff in too much.

But the plusses out way the minuses, and this bad boy is the perfect placeholder until the next Note or Pixel.
    04-30-2017 12:16 AM
    I'm keeping my phone. I've had no issues so far. My experience has been better than the one I had with the S7 edge.
    04-30-2017 02:28 AM
    I'm keeping my phone. I've had no issues so far. My experience has been better than the one I had with the S7 edge.
    What 7edge issues did you have. Mine got very hot, lagged, often the notification pull down bar wouldn't work at all, then the size issue for me-screen was too narrow and appeared distorted with the edge curve angle. It was too small.
    Whiskey619 likes this.
    04-30-2017 04:59 AM
    I quite like the device, fits my hand nicely.
    Only gripe I have is the ruddy location keeps turning itself on, despite me killing all permissions...
    Screen not that bright in sunlight I have to say...
    04-30-2017 05:51 AM
    Keeping my S8+ for sure. Best phone I've ever owned.
    amyf27 and sergysn like this.
    04-30-2017 06:00 AM
    Perhaps rubes like me are the ultimate litmus for the 8+. I posted about how the display ratio sucked for content many times, but forgot to cancel my preorder. BB called me, I decided to test it out for a week to confirm my disdain for the display and post back "I told you so". Instead, a lot of good stuff overrode my perception:

-Speed (even taxing emulators do great) The 835 is much faster than the 820/821.
    -Call quality
    -Signal Reception
    -Thermals (device does not get hot like the Note 7 or Pixel)
    -Battery life is significantly better than the already good Note 7 when it was in powersave mode, but the 8+ is not in power save mode. Impressive stuff.
    -Sound quality and volume from 3.5 jack
    -Bluetooth stability
    -Wiz is finally really worthy- but still needs horizontal view
    -Performance tweaks are very good options
    -Camera is even better and lower light pics near stunning good
    -Like the Note 7, the FM radio works
    -Even the display ratio is good for some apps- especially emulators since more room for controls.

I still would prefer the Note 7 display ratio but dang, the other stuff outweighs far more than expected. Still makes no sense why no stereo speakers though. Almost a glaring omission IMO, but the 8+ still rocks hard.
    ScottsoNJ and gregg6942 like this.
    04-30-2017 07:22 AM
    What 7edge issues did you have. Mine got very hot, lagged, often the notification pull down bar wouldn't work at all, then the size issue for me-screen was too narrow and appeared distorted with the edge curve angle. It was too small.
    Mine would lag then occasionally freeze for about 5 seconds and no buttons work. It would also randomly close apps. What I hated the most was the accidental touches.
    Whiskey619 likes this.
    04-30-2017 07:57 AM
    I was trying to hold out for the Note 8, but my old Note 4 was having horrible battery issues. I'm really enjoying this phone and am especially impressed with the screen and battery life. This phone doesn't make me feel like I "settled" at all.
    04-30-2017 08:05 AM
    I was trying to hold out for the Note 8, but my old Note 4 was having horrible battery issues. I'm really enjoying this phone and am especially impressed with the screen and battery life. This phone doesn't make me feel like I "settled" at all.
    There seems to be quite a few people who intended on waiting for the Note 8 (including myself) but fell victim to the S8/S8+
    04-30-2017 08:20 AM
    I've kept line so far. Will see how long it lasts. Beautiful phone just having to get used to the difference from Pixel.
    04-30-2017 09:54 AM
    Just wanted to mention that the S8 plus does not have any more curvature on the screen than the Note 7.
    Yep...its the same design brought over from the Note 7.
    04-30-2017 10:00 AM
    Just wanted to mention that the S8 plus does not have any more curvature on the screen than the Note 7.
    I noticed that quickly. Came from note 7, 7 edge to compare
    04-30-2017 10:03 AM
    There seems to be quite a few people who intended on waiting for the Note 8 (including myself) but fell victim to the S8/S8+
    In the same boat here. I kept telling myself I was going to wait, yet here I sit, typing this on my S8.
    04-30-2017 10:13 AM
    Traded in my V20 for the S8 and have no plans on going back.
    Law2138 likes this.
    04-30-2017 10:13 AM
    In the same boat here. I kept telling myself I was going to wait, yet here I sit, typing this on my S8.
    Interesting thing though..i don't feel I've settled. This 8+is awesome
    04-30-2017 10:14 AM
    Lol.
    04-30-2017 10:14 AM
    Keeping mine. Being an early adopter, a few quirks happen from time to time. Thus far, I haven't encountered any hardware issues or random restarts. If issues arise, I would have exchanged it and given it another go. That being said, if the issues persisted, I would try a different device. It might help to wait a while until the next production batch along with software updates to try the GS8 again.
    04-30-2017 10:21 AM
152 123 ...