New message notifications on lock screen, but nothing shows up in messaging app

mdrollins

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Lately, I've been receiving notifications for old, and new, messages on the lock screen and the notifications panel when I swipe down, but when I press the notification and go into the messaging app, it doesn't show anything. The odd thing is that none of the messages are from my contacts or someone not in my contacts, all the messages are shipping notifications from FedEx, Amazon, UPS, Steam and Google Authentication codes, etc. Why won't these show up in the messaging app but my S8+ will list them in my notifications? Since I can't view them in the messaging app, I'll click to expand the notification, click on "show message as read," they disappear, but after an hour of so they all show up again. Most of these messages are old, but even if I receive a new message, the verify an account, update me on the shipping of something I've purchased, etc, none of them show up in the stock messaging app. I've tried using a handful of third party messaging apps, but the same thing happens. Any suggestions?