Coming from the S7, I'd get slow downs here and there at inopportune moments. With the S8, I've got 200 plus apps installed, and it just keeps purring without a hiccup. This is the biggest performance bump I've seen from an old phone to a new, and I upgrade every year. Love love love this phone!
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    04-30-2017 01:14 AM
    Over time a phone picks up lots of broken files aka junk etc that can slow things down along with all the apps, their associated data / Cache and our personal information and firmware updates that can all sometimes lead to lag.

That said yes I agree my s8 is way snappier than my previous s7 edge which was only 8 months old when I sold it.

I'm in the U.K so using the Exynos version.

I don't have anywhere near your quantity of apps. Wow 200+
    04-30-2017 01:29 AM
    Over time a phone picks up lots of broken files aka junk etc that can slow things down along with all the apps, their associated data / Cache and our personal information and firmware updates that can all sometimes lead to lag.

That said yes I agree my s8 is way snappier than my previous s7 edge which was only 8 months old when I sold it.

I'm in the U.K so using the Exynos version.

I don't have anywhere near your quantity of apps. Wow 200+
    I was using SD Maid Cleaner and Device Maintenance regularly to no avail. I even did a clean setup with Nougat, but my S7 just couldn't handle my setup most days. The S8, no problem.
    04-30-2017 02:25 AM
    I think we all have our preferences on keeping phones optimised while with other owners it doesn't even cross their mind

I clean up using the inbuilt feature appropriately once a month.

I prefer not to use the different available clean up apps as some can have the potential to do more harm than good if they are not set right or someone sets their preferences wrongly.

When I buy a new phone I never use my previous Back Ups I've made to Samsung Cloud / Account.
    My list of Apps is short and any App Data collated isn't important to me. I'm not a gamer so that type of cached information isn't important either. I submit it is for others.

This time round I closed my Samsung Account and created a new one so nothing associated could creep in.

I'm aware some Factory Reset their phone out of the box to clear any pre testing by the engineers in the production plant but I don't do that.
    04-30-2017 03:19 AM
    why would you be amazed that a 1 week 800+ phone is still blazing fast ??
    04-30-2017 03:28 AM
    The SoC 835 is the best chip QC has had in a long while.

Runs cool with little to no lag so I'm very impressed.
    04-30-2017 05:09 AM
    why would you be amazed that a 1 week 800+ phone is still blazing fast ??
    Because my S7 is nowhere near this fast. Comparing fresh identical fresh setups.
    04-30-2017 05:33 AM
    For a Samsung phone yes!! And I'm loving every minute of it.
    04-30-2017 06:01 AM
    It feels sooo sooo good
    jerseygirl likes this.
    04-30-2017 06:16 AM
    I wanted mine to be super snappy, so I activated developer options and decreased all animations to 0.5x ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Didn't even give it a chance to see how it would do out of the box! Running very snappy though I must say, faster than my 6p did.
    04-30-2017 06:35 AM
    I've heard that this is a blazing fast phone! I can't wait to try it out in the stores!
    04-30-2017 06:50 AM
    It feels sooo sooo good
    For some reason I can't see emojis on this new phone with the forum app. I can see that you posted one, because it says (and because it's Elaine, so of course there's gonna be a saucy emoji lol). Any ideas to make those show up?
    04-30-2017 04:01 PM
    And, yes. This phone is very fast. The combo of the processor and ram is awesome
    04-30-2017 04:01 PM
    Reminds me of my Note 7 both of them which I miss. Had to move to a S7 Edge until something better came out. It just did. S8+ and loving it.
    04-30-2017 04:13 PM
    For some reason I can't see emojis on this new phone with the forum app. I can see that you posted one, because it says (and because it's Elaine, so of course there's gonna be a saucy emoji lol). Any ideas to make those show up?
    I'm on Tapatalk and the Emojis are readily available.

I've never used the AC forum app. Sorry
    04-30-2017 04:28 PM
    I'm on Tapatalk and the Emojis are readily available.

I've never used the AC forum app. Sorry
    Great suggestion. Thanks. Hadn't tried Tapatalk, but I just downloaded it and I'm trying it and not only does it work with the emojis, but I like it.
    04-30-2017 04:57 PM
    Just hope it's still fast 3 months from now.
    04-30-2017 05:10 PM
    My S7E was lagging when I played certain games and I was running out of space because I have a lot of apps and I don't like deleting things I use regularly. With this S8+ everything is running smooth and fast with all the apps I had on my S7E and more!!! I am loving this phone more and more each day!
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    04-30-2017 05:54 PM
    Same experience here. Chrome always lagged on me on almost every non-stock android. My note 5, s7 edge even the short-lived note 7 had major lag with chrome. The scrolling was choppy and would constantly freeze on complex websites even on day one with no apps installled. Had to resort to using the stock browser. On the s8+, no need for stock browser. Chrome is buttery smooth and performance is on stock android levels. This is the best all around android phone of all time by a landslide IMHO
    jacker likes this.
    04-30-2017 07:00 PM