Smart stay

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I was just wondering this feature smart stay on our phones drains a lot of battery? Or, does anyone here use it at all? Thank you.
5c8f5429767d7f7e97d345ef9110d5ee.jpg

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Not true. I have the feature enabled and get 6 hours SoT or more. I've had it enabled since I set up the phone. It probably does use more battery but not much.
Oh wow, very interesting! Thanks for the tip.
If it's a feature your going to find useful then perhaps activate it and monitor your battery usage.

Then go from there. ;)
Not exactly sure if I'd find it useful but I'll definitely keep it in mind. Thank you!

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
It's usefulness depends on how you hold a phone and in what light. If you hold phone at an angle (like my wife tends to do) the FFC won't see you and it won't register properly. And in low light it won't work as reliably. For me ,it works fairly well.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
It's usefulness depends on how you hold a phone and in what light. If you hold phone at an angle (like my wife tends to do) the FFC won't see you and it won't register properly. And in low light it won't work as reliably. For me ,it works fairly well.

I think it might be down to my ethnicity and the glasses I wear. Never works.

robertkoa

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I think Smart Stay is very very smart and wants you to look ONLY at the Sensor and not at the screen .....lol.

Just kidding but smart stay worked sometimes on my Alpha but just got S9 and the smart stay is ignoring me ...
I seem to get a very very brief popup about Sensor blocked but I have a clear case that does not overlap onto screen ...Otterbox clear symmetry I think it is ....