Is anyone else having an issue with OK Google not responding with the screen off? I can get a response from it with the screen locked but on, unlocked, and while in an app. I have all of the appropriate switches ticked in both the Assistant settings menu and Nova Launcher. It isn't something that's necessarily ruining the phenomenal experience I'm having with this phone, but it would be nice to be able to call someone while driving without even touching or looking at my phone. Thanks for any input!
    Sledgehammer3632 likes this.
    04-30-2017 05:01 PM
    I don't have a GS8, but I've had that issue with my
    gs7 edge for a while. Have not found a fix for it so far.
    It's either an issue with the app or with Samsung, heck, it could even be an issue with my carrier's update to Android N.
    I'm saying that because it used to work before the update, whatever it is, I'm reporting it to all 3. Hopefully enough of us report it and it gets an updated fix.
    Stephen33 likes this.
    04-30-2017 05:31 PM
    Someone said on another forum that it's intentionally like that. Goggle modified it.

I believe it because it's the same for me.
    04-30-2017 06:55 PM
    Supposed to be able to unlock the by Ok Google, but it's never worked.
    05-01-2017 12:59 AM
    Samsung has it disabled when the screen is off. OK Google only works while charging, either wired or wireless, when the screen is off.
    05-01-2017 04:28 AM
    Samsung has it disabled when the screen is off. OK Google only works while charging, either wired or wireless, when the screen is off.
    Thats not 100% correct, mine is charging right now and I tried and it wont open up. With the AOD on, it will but without it on, it wont.
    05-01-2017 08:34 AM
    Have you tried turning Google app off from the Doze Settings? Go to Battery Usage and its menu (3 dots at the top right) go to "Optimize battery usage" then in the drop down select All Apps then look for Google App and turn that off.

I really don't know if by doing this will make it better, but it can as what this doze is to shutdown all background processes for all those apps that are being "optimized".
    steveh552 and Vipmediastar like this.
    05-01-2017 08:43 AM
    He's right. He's 100% correct. I wish it was implemented like other phones where it worked on or off the charger but Samsung disabled "always listening" to preserve battery when the screen is off
    LineKill likes this.
    05-01-2017 08:55 AM
    You should still be within the 14 day return window. If they don't give you the right answers and solutions to the problem, just return the phone.
    05-01-2017 08:59 AM
    Have you tried turning Google app off from the Doze Settings? Go to Battery Usage and its menu (3 dots at the top right) go to "Optimize battery usage" then in the drop down select All Apps then look for Google App and turn that off.

I really don't know if by doing this will make it better, but it can as what this doze is to shutdown all background processes for all those apps that are being "optimized".
    I will try to modify that today. Siri was always listening and ok google on other android devices works.
    05-01-2017 10:22 AM
    Thats not 100% correct, mine is charging right now and I tried and it wont open up. With the AOD on, it will but without it on, it wont.
    Then there is either something wrong with your phone or it is not configured properly in the settings.

I don't have any problems using OK Google while my phone is charging, with the screen off, whether the AOD is on or off.
    05-01-2017 01:42 PM