Email notifications

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody here use the inbox by gmail app for email on their galaxy s eight? If so, are you successfully receiving notifications for your email? Thank you.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Using inbox here and having no issues receiving notifications. What issues are you having? By any chance you have blocked notifications of inbox app by accident?
You can go to notifications in settings and make sure it says allowed for inbox.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well I just tried Testing my email how with a few people with inbox by gmail and it seems to receive notifications again. I'm not quite sure what happened before. The notification settings for inbox by gmail in my phone settings were fine and everything was turned on correctly.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Well I just tried Testing my email how with a few people with inbox by gmail and it seems to receive notifications again. I'm not quite sure what happened before. The notification settings for inbox by gmail in my phone settings were fine and everything was turned on correctly.

If the issue is Doze, then you won't have any issues getting your notifications while you are using the phone, or immediately after locking your phone, the issue happens after your phone goes to sleep mode as per the settings you should have seen already the optimize battery usage feature kicks in and shuts down the apps background processes.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If the issue is Doze, then you won't have any issues getting your notifications while you are using the phone, or immediately after locking your phone, the issue happens after your phone goes to sleep mode as per the settings you should have seen already the optimize battery usage feature kicks in and shuts down the apps background processes.
Yeah, I'll have to keep an eye on it that's for sure. .