K so now I realize that Bixby is still in development stage but what does everyone think of Bixby V's Google now? I use Google now for all of my personalisation news of course like everyone else does here. Especially Reminder since i'm so forgetful! What does everyone think about it here? Thank you for your help.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    05-01-2017 07:05 AM
    Honestly I use Alexa the most. I have an Amazon Echo and on my phone, I have an app called Reverb that allows me to communicate with Alexa on my S8 Plus.
    I hear you. I mean for me, Google now just like everyone else here is, I am so used to it. I just realized that Bixby can do reminders. But i'm not sure if it can be customized for sports and other interests.
    05-01-2017 07:32 AM
    i am eagerly waiting for full bixby to arrive (if verizon lets us have full bixby) i have not set up google now on my phone.
    05-01-2017 08:24 AM
    I use Bixby for reminders and can't wait for voice support to use it properly. Reminders are far better than Google as Bixby can give you a location based reminder when you ARRIVE or LEAVE a location but Google can only give one when you arrive. This is a no go for me as I use reminders a lot for leaving places
    05-01-2017 08:59 AM
    I use Bixby for reminders and can't wait for voice support to use it properly. Reminders are far better than Google as Bixby can give you a location based reminder when you ARRIVE or LEAVE a location but Google can only give one when you arrive. This is a no go for me as I use reminders a lot for leaving places
    how are you using it for reminders?
    05-01-2017 09:07 AM
    Bixby can give you reminders for when you leave and enter a location? Yeah, I also need for reminders as I'm very forgetful will Bixby give me notifications and news for the things that I'm into for hobbies for example? Google now definitely does that!
    05-01-2017 09:21 AM
    Have not used it yet for anything other than curious scrolling through the cards.
    But going forward with more integration via Viv labs could make it pretty interesting. Remember watching a vid last fall & the one thing that sticks out to me was how they were asking questions. The developer was asking the AI what the weather was three Thursdays ago in city X. Instead of what was the weather April 13th in city X for example. It was just interesting how he was trying to trip the system up. But it still came up with the appropriate answer instead of a list of search results.

So if that sort of voice integration is the future plus linking the system across all Samsung (& maybe other brands?) electronics. Then they will grow leaps & bounds.

To note, Samsung paid approximately $215 million for Viv labs last Oct.
    Samsung paid $214 million for Viv, the AI assistant from Siri's creators - Chicago Tribune

https://www.wired.com/2017/03/samsun...ice-assistant/
    05-01-2017 09:30 AM
    Yeah I mean for me, Google so far always knows how to handle information and news the best. And the Google assistant is awesome !
    05-01-2017 09:34 AM
    When I hit the Bixby button. I then go to the Reminders Card I press the actual text that says "Upcoming Reminders" and it opens up a new window to manually create one. Either that or I use the Reminder app that's built in and do the same. It's still a pain but once Voice commands (Bixby Voice) are rolled out it should be so much better.

Don't get me wrong I love Google Now and use it all the time for everything else
    05-01-2017 09:48 AM
    Gotcha good to know. Thank you.
    05-01-2017 10:06 AM
    Both are data mining Trojan Horses, but at least Google works and is not an alpha level work in progress project like Bixby.
    eric002 likes this.
    05-01-2017 10:35 AM
    Both are data mining Trojan Horses, but at least Google works and is not an alpha level work in progress project like Bixby.
    Ha, for sure!
    05-01-2017 10:44 AM