Well my S8+ was perfect until the weekend. The charging is a hit or miss now. Wireless isn't even working. It's not the charger, nor the cables because my S8 works perfectly fine on them.

Getting a replacement is pain on T-Mobile. Since it was pre-order through a CSR, the store will not let me exchange it. The first csr won't even send one out unless I return it first because they have no stocks outside brand new ones. Seriously T-Mobile? They're suppose to give me a new one with 14 days or 20 days on a defected unit.

I had to get retention to send me a brand new one. Lucky me... I get the first defected one. Now I'm just waiting on them to send me email that my new S8+ has shipped...
    05-01-2017 09:00 AM
    T Mobile is always trying to act like the fun parent, but yet when it gets down to business, they want you to go without your phone while they get you a replacement? Unacceptable.
    05-01-2017 09:39 AM
    Glad that I didn't switch to TMO. Been with AT&T 23 years. Anytime I had a warranty exchange or insurance claim, replacement unit delivered next business day. Sent back defective or damaged unit with AT&T covering shipping.
    05-01-2017 09:53 AM
    One weird thing I did notice between the S8 and the S8+ is that the S8 always had longer battery life estimate than the S8+. You would think the S8+ would have longer battery life. This is from the device maintenance settings. Now I wonder is something is wrong with the battery itself?
    05-01-2017 12:58 PM
    Glad that I didn't switch to TMO. Been with AT&T 23 years. Anytime I had a warranty exchange or insurance claim, replacement unit delivered next business day. Sent back defective or damaged unit with AT&T covering shipping.
    I was with AT&T also, only since iphone 3G though, and with the release of these phones I switched to T-Mobile. For me it was a little cheaper for a lot more, but I digress. Never had to return a phone inside 14 days with AT&T, but had to return 4 S6 actives inside 30 days and had to wait for them to ship a new one and ship the old one back each time. Hassle for sure, but probably the same with most carriers.

I also pre-ordered the phone through T-Mobile and and had to bring back a defective phone.

My options were have them ship me and new one and ship back the old one, pre paid.

Or,
    put a deposit down like the pre-order again and receive a new phone in store.
    using pre-paid shipping label, sent via email on the spot, return the old phone and get credited back the deposit to card not account. Perfect!

Not only that, but by doing it that way my phone is now treated as purchased in store and any future exchanges are directly in store with no deposits, etc.

Preordering is a different division and that's how it's handled but as you can see it can get converted to in-store like purchase.
    05-01-2017 02:54 PM
    I was with AT&T also, only since iphone 3G though, and with the release of these phones I switched to T-Mobile. For me it was a little cheaper for a lot more, but I digress. Never had to return a phone inside 14 days with AT&T, but had to return 4 S6 actives inside 30 days and had to wait for them to ship a new one and ship the old one back each time. Hassle for sure, but probably the same with most carriers.

I also pre-ordered the phone through T-Mobile and and had to bring back a defective phone.

My options were have them ship me and new one and ship back the old one, pre paid.

Or,
    put a deposit down like the pre-order again and receive a new phone in store.
    using pre-paid shipping label, sent via email on the spot, return the old phone and get credited back the deposit to card not account. Perfect!

Not only that, but by doing it that way my phone is now treated as purchased in store and any future exchanges are directly in store with no deposits, etc.

Preordering is a different division and that's how it's handled but as you can see it can get converted to in-store like purchase.
    I didn't get that option. I must mail it back when the new one arrives. It was suppose to ship yesterday but the retention guy never bother to put the order in so I had to call back this morning again... This time I got my pre-ship label but I'll have to wait again to get my shipping number, I hope...
    05-02-2017 12:57 PM