Pink screen edges?

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up a new galaxy S8 from Best Buy and I noticed that my screen edges a little bit of pink to them. I'm not talking about the red screens that were widely reported but would you look at the edges you see pink around it, anyone have any suggestionsfor how to fix this? Is this a defective screen?

4e689bcd0a785e6f8a1de68cf96b030d.jpg

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up a new galaxy S8 from Best Buy and I noticed that my screen edges a little bit of pink to them. I'm not talking about the red screens that were widely reported but would you look at the edges you see pink around it, anyone have any suggestionsfor how to fix this? Is this a defective screen?

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170501/4e689bcd0a785e6f8a1de68cf96b030d.jpg
There are plenty of threads on that already. It's not quite clear yet but it's apparently something that most (if not all) S8+ and some S8s have. Samsung is in the process of releasing a software update that will let you adjust the color temperature along the edges of the screen. If you're too unhappy, you can try to get it exchanged but there's absolutely no guarantee that your next one is any better.

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
I've noticed this on mine. Not to bothered by it, it's there but hey, screen is amazing, don't really look at the edges much. If Samsung fix it in the future, great, if not, I'm not too bothered.