Lag after one week?

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm running in Quad HD resolution with the OOTB theme that came with it. Using the stock Samsung launcher. Apps that would eat up lots of memory include Facebook. I don't use the stock Samsung email client, instead opting for Nine Email, but I do use all the rest of Samsung's apps such as their messaging, calendar, contacts, etc. I have a Class 10 U3 Samsung Pro 128GB microSD card for photos, videos and downloaded songs from Google Music. I have a few games, but rarely play them, and I use Waze, but shut it down and swipe it away as soon as I'm done with it.

I have Package Disabler Pro, and have disabled T-Mobile TV, and T-Mo Name Service, along with Hancom Office (since I use MS Office). Earlier today I disabled Bixby and so far haven't had lag. But since the lag is very intermittent, I'd have to run it for at least another 24 hours to know for sure if that made a difference.

Since I disabled all things Bixby using Package Disabler Pro, the lag has not returned. As a side note for those folks suggesting that Facebook could be the culprit, FB's app is terrible in terms of memory management without question, but I've used it on many phones with it causing zero lag. I don't believe that it really causes lag overall. To name a few phones that I either have or had where FB didn't cause lag: OnePlus 3T, Huawei Mate 9 (both of these absolutely fly compared to other flagships), Pixel XL, LG V20. If FB didn't cause lag (it did use up battery life), in any of these, it's not causing lag in the S8+.

Anyway, for now, I'm a happy camper. This screen is unbelievably beautiful.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I prefer to disable Facebook app and navigate to it via the URL bar and saving it in quick settings and or a shortcut on the homescreen.

I personally turn my phone Off overnight.

No lag.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I prefer to disable Facebook app and navigate to it via the URL bar and saving it in quick settings and or a shortcut on the homescreen.

I personally turn my phone Off overnight.

No lag.

I spoke too soon earlier. About 30 minutes ago the phone became insanely slow and laggy. I tried clearing cache from Settings to no avail. After a reboot, it returned to normal. I guess I'll have to reboot it every now and then.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Only lag I've experienced has nothing to do with the S8, and everything to do with AC's inability to get it's website pages to load properly.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
No lag to speak of. Only thing I have noticed is that Bixby doesn't launch when I hit the physical button.

They've changed the button press in a software update. It used or be a normal press of the button but now it's a fast tap to activate it. If you can't always get it to work that way double tapping seems to work better as the second tap is normally shorter and that's the one that activates it

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Anyway, I have heard that Facebook app is bad on android and is slowing your phone and draining battery. Is that true? Should I just disable the app?

Because if it was heard on the internet, it must be true, right? ;) I've used the Facebook app on EVERY single phone I've owned and have never run into problems with it slowing my device or draining battery. Now, I also don't keep it running in the background when I use it and I've disabled every possible notification or sound associated with it. (When I want to know what's happening on Facebook, I'll open the app and check.) So maybe that helps.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I spoke too soon earlier. About 30 minutes ago the phone became insanely slow and laggy. I tried clearing cache from Settings to no avail. After a reboot, it returned to normal. I guess I'll have to reboot it every now and then.

Again, Are you still using the same SD card? If yes, have you tried without the card for a while to see if your issue is related to your SD card?

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
You will never ever abolish lag. There are just times when your cpu maxes out or a good amount of data needs to be swapped from storage.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
No lagging here. My phone is set to automatically reboot every Sunday night, which helps to keep things fresh.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Still no lag for me here as well. I should note that I have even disabled all of Bixby, and all of the bloatware on my s8 ! The amount of apps I use which isn't that many (just my core important apps ) plus the way j use my khibe, everything is smooth as butter. I love the multiple resizable windows feature for multitasking though!

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I actually did noticed just a bit of lag on mine after 5 days (got my s8+ the 28th of april) lag is mostly when going home from an app or delay rather and in the app screen the hidding is a bit choppy not sure why but the phone is still more than usable ( doing a recovery from my note 4 probably wasn't a great idea).

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
No lagging here. My phone is set to automatically reboot every Sunday night, which helps to keep things fresh.
I am surprised when people do not restart their phone at least once a week. What surprises me even more is when they are having problems, someone suggests they restart their phone and they come back and say that fixed it.

Just a friendly tip or two, this is not to you munnarg, it is to everyone. You really should restart your phone at least once a week. The first thing you should do when your are having a problem is to restart your phoneツ

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy