Screen Burn-in Issues

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
"An algorithm to prevent burn-ins is already equipped,” a Samsung spokesman based in Seoul said. “Whether the consumer’s claim turns out to be true or not remains to be seen. At the moment, we are not receiving reports of other cases."

That pretty much sums it up. Don't think it's real. I've seen the display models which are on ALL THE TIME and have yet to see one with an issue, especially since the buttons do move/fade.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
That pretty much sums it up. Don't think it's real. I've seen the display models which are on ALL THE TIME and have yet to see one with an issue, especially since the buttons do move/fade.
I honestly don't know, they shipped millions of phones already and this is just one report.

There are some out there that would like to see Samsung go down and are going to try to find anything they could possibly complain about.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
My Always On Display and virtual Home Button are lit up 24/7 and have been since I set it up well 11 days ago andy screen is perfect and I've looked extremely closely. It doesn't worry me one bit. The only thing that worries me about my s8+ is dropping it face down or on its edge like I did with my s7 edge

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Below is display model at sprint store last week... if look, zooom in closer you can see the samsung S8 letters getting burned in which I find surprising because it's not sitting at that screen... it's playing that movie demo over and over. I noticed that too on the Note 7 display units back then too. But surprising to see since I doubt the units have been on display long.

Attachments

• IMG_4412.jpg
    IMG_4412.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 46

Enzo1707

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I would like to know if you have the same "problem ". I've received a galaxy s8 last Friday. Everything was great except one. I've a noticed a potential image retention. For example, the (black) navbar remained on the screen for 3-5 second after closing an app. Or the black bar on the top (when apps aren't full screen) was noticeable also after closing. So I went to a store to see their galaxy s8 and s8+ and test it. The results was clear, their galaxy s8 had the same "problem" but not the s8+. So I decided to change my phone and get a new. Surprise, same thing... then I went to another store and their s8 also had this potential issue but not their s8+. So I've seen 4 galaxy s8 having this problem. My question is simple. Am I the only one ? Will it get worse ? Is it normal ? I don't think that my store is going to change my phone again. Keep in mind that this "image retention" is more noticeable on a blue or gray picture. Thanks for your answers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan