How low do you go before charging?

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Meh I plug mine as in close and away from charger. If I'm car where charger I usually plug it in. If I'm at home near recliner I plug it in and before bed if it's less than 70 or so I plug it in before bed.

Ageeb

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
My understanding is it shouldn't matter much with today's batteries.

What will greatly affect them is long term storage fully charged or near dead and, of course, heat.

To answer your question, I'm fine letting it go to 5% or more.

I ask myself if I don't charge it now will my phone die if I'm at work, running errands, etc.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I'm usually charging my phone whether at work, home or even shopping via power bank.

I guess watching too many Walking Dead or apocalypse shows has caused me to be paranoid of not being able to charge or being under 95% haaaaaaa ???

Ken Huynh

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Everyday , hard use, charge overnight when go to bed and unplug in the morning. From 100% down to under 15% everyday , 9AM to 10PM

dmoss7

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Everyday , hard use, charge overnight when go to bed and unplug in the morning. From 100% down to under 15% everyday , 9AM to 10PM

Pretty much the same. Unless I'm going golfing after work, I charge it a bit in the afternoon to make sure I've got enough juice to run my yardage app.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I plug in mine every night before I go to bed. It's a daily fight to try and get it to 10% before charging. I like to drain the battery all the way down and then charge to 100. That's how you'll get the most out of your battery.

Most of the time, I've been plugging it in at around 40%. That's how great the battery life on this thing is.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I usually take mine off the charger at 4:45am when i get up to workout and it lasts until i go to bed around 10pm. Goes from 100% down to usually 15-20%.

I even bought another USB-C charging cable for at work.... i never use the thing! haha

I assume if i'm ever going out after work i'll charge it but that hasn't come up yet. Nice getting through an entire day on one charge.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Being a Blackberry refugee and, for the time being, a TWD fan, my GS8 is charged at work when not in use, at home and overnight. Occasionally, it gets charged in the car. I also got a Gorilla Gadgets portable wireless charger that I can use to charge my GS8 when away from a charging source.

Ageeb

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Where did not going below a certain percentage come from?

In NiCd days that was detrimental, but was there a generation it was advantageous?

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I charge when I have to. With the S8+, it's pretty much assured I'll be with a dead battery by about 22:00 so I'm finding that I'm often charging with the phone below 10% left on the battery. Battery life is nothing to write home about.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I toss it on the charger before bed every night. Ranges from 5-20% at the end of the day. I have done that with every phone I have owned and never have I seen​ a decrease in battery​ life or capacity.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Personally I'm always close to a charger (wireless) at home/work or even in car. I just put on the wireless charger when I'm not using my phone at work.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Where did not going below a certain percentage come from?

In NiCd days that was detrimental, but was there a generation it was advantageous?
With lithium cells it's generally good practice to charge it well before it's dead. Deep cycling hurts them worst (going from 0 to 100). Bump charging from say 40 to 100 is better. With today's cells I wouldn't worry too much as the technology has matured a lot. Old NiCad cells suffered from a memory effect and deep charging was preferred. NiMH don't have that problem and modern low self discharge cells can generally be treated same way as lithium batts in our phones. I personally charge mine overnight and don't hit charger again until bed time. Phone gives me awesome battery life and I normally have over 50 percent left by end of day. I'll only charge it sooner if I know I'll be out late into the evening, so I make sure it's got enough juice to do whatever I need.

Shon123

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Since the battery life has been great I'm doing every other day/as needed instead of my usual throw it on the charger every night before bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma