How "pocket-able" is the S8+?

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Had a Note 5 that I loved but just was a bit too bulky to slip into my front pocket of my shorts or jeans. Upgraded to the S7 edge and it fits perfect with just a Spigen slim case on it. Swung by Best buy and nobody had an S8+ that didn't have an alarm on it so I could try out the "Pocket-ability" of it is compared to the S8 and S7 edge.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Had a Note 5 that I loved but just was a bit too bulky to slip into my front pocket of my shorts or jeans. Upgraded to the S7 edge and it fits perfect with just a Spigen slim case on it. Swung by Best buy and nobody had an S8+ that didn't have an alarm on it so I could try out the "Pocket-ability" of it is compared to the S8 and S7 edge.

As the phones are comparatively the same, it should. I have no problems putting the phone in my pockets.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

My s8+ Is almost the same size as the note 5

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Because it's tall but comparatively narrow, I find it more pocketable than my V10 and my previous Note 4. Being virtually bezel free on the sides has it's advantages. You can have a narrow phone but still have nearly same screen width

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Because it's tall but comparatively narrow, I find it more pocketable than my V10 and my previous Note 4. Being virtually bezel free on the sides has it's advantages. You can have a narrow phone but still have nearly same screen width

Good to know that this device is pocketable! I had my doubts but they have been laid to rest upon reading this thread! Thank you! :)

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Then the S8 Plus is what I'll get. Was debating on the S8 as it fits in the pocket, but really iss the larger screen. Crap, now I gotta pick a color, Orchid Gray gets my vote, then black.

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I carry my wallet, my work cell phone (s5 with case) and my s8+ (with case) in the same pocket. I do a lot of walking and it's no issue for me. Loving the s8+!

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
It really depends on how big you are and how big your pants are. I'm 5"7 and wear a 34" and the S8 fits perfectly. The S8+ is doable but if you wear tight pants, people will be staring at you. :p

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
i always wear a shirt with a pocket and i always keep my phone in my shirt pocket. currently using a wallet case on my S8+ and i find it is a better fit then my old iPhone 6+ was.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
OK, just got my S8 Plus and damn this this is big. Buyers remorse but I'll give it a week and maybe exchange it for the S8 minus.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
OK, just got my S8 Plus and damn this this is big. Buyers remorse but I'll give it a week and maybe exchange it for the S8 minus.

that is just the opposite reaction i had, this phone seems small all things considered. my last large phone was the iphone 6+, now that was a big phone.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Never used an iPhone 7 Plus so I can compare. Guess I was just used to the S7 edge which is smaller but not by much. Really enjoying this screen, loaded up Action launcher but I'm kinda if liking touch wiz. Only think I don't like so far with touch wiz is when you create a folder on the home screen and add apps into it, when opened up the apps are all the way up top. Wish the folder would be dynamic and only open as big as it needs.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
i always wear a shirt with a pocket and i always keep my phone in my shirt pocket.

I do the same, but finding the S8+ is a mite much for most of my shirt pockets and can easily slip out. I can't figure how anybody can use their front pants pocket though, I'd have to wear cargo pants to hold the stuff I keep in that pocket. The phone does fit there, however I find getting it out in a hurry to be very iffy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34