05-04-2017 01:16 PM
60 123
tools
    I'm on ATT. No update as of 5am ET.
    Me too and me neither.
    05-02-2017 01:14 PM
    It definitely makes the display more white, if you need that. Cool
    I do. I love a super white, bright screen.
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    05-02-2017 01:16 PM
    So does the update work in getting the red out??

Attachment 258903
    Ha ha ha...Nice!
    05-02-2017 01:20 PM
    And if you don't have the red maybe you will after this update.
    jjinal and lucianus_luciferus like this.
    05-02-2017 01:23 PM
    The update doesn't fix anything. It's lipstick for the pig. First of all, it only works if you have adaptive on. If you turn on the blue light filter or any of the other modes, the screen defect is back. I'm willing to bet that the next batch won't have this anymore. So if you're ever trying to sell this, re-sale value will be very low. I maintain my stance on this: get it exchanged until you have one without a faulty screen.
    It's all about properly tinkering with the settings...keep tinkering until you are satisfied. My screen was already flawless for the most part and I didn't even really have the red tint issue. The new update only made my screen even better.
    05-02-2017 01:31 PM
    The update doesn't fix anything. It's lipstick for the pig. First of all, it only works if you have adaptive on. If you turn on the blue light filter or any of the other modes, the screen defect is back. I'm willing to bet that the next batch won't have this anymore. So if you're ever trying to sell this, re-sale value will be very low. I maintain my stance on this: get it exchanged until you have one without a faulty screen.
    Every S8 & S8+ will have this update and will have the same screen settings. There won't be any difference between those sold before the update and after. If you think Samsung changed the manufacturing process AND rolled out a software update you're kidding yourself. Samsung doesn't really consider this a very big deal.
    05-02-2017 01:46 PM
    I'm just wondering when ATT will get the update!!
    05-02-2017 01:49 PM
    If I got a phone with this issue I would return it until I got a good one rather than screwing around with software fixes that might not be permanent
    lucianus_luciferus likes this.
    05-02-2017 01:54 PM
    Every S8 & S8+ will have this update and will have the same screen settings. There won't be any difference between those sold before the update and after. If you think Samsung changed the manufacturing process AND rolled out a software update you're kidding yourself. Samsung doesn't really consider this a very big deal.
    There are already reports that later batches don't have the issue. And again: the problem isn't fixed. It re-appears the instant you change the display mode or turn on the blue light filter
    05-02-2017 01:55 PM
    Off the topic but when I was at the AT&T store I looked hard at the G6. I mean top, bottom, sides, back, software and all. It is a good looking device but next to the S8+ it looks 2 years old. The way the screen meets the body is totally old school. it doesn't blend together, the glass just ends and the metal sticks up above it. Then there's the black line all the way around the screen and those weird corners. It just doesn't compete with the Samsung.
    05-02-2017 02:07 PM
    This update is actually pretty darn effective. I had an ever so slight reddish hue at the top and sides of the display, and adjusting the edges down one step cooler corrects the screens temperature balance. Solid, timely update from Samsung.
    jjinal and jamesrick80 like this.
    05-02-2017 02:13 PM
    Was this a hardware issue or software? Or hardware issue then corrected by software adjustments?
    05-02-2017 02:19 PM
    Of course there will be a change... there are some people like Erica the tech girl on Youtube saying didn't fix her issue and is exchanging it. The fix will work... on units where the display is not extremely out of tolerance. It's not a defect if it can be adjusted and fixed. For those where it doesn't will require an exchange. But they will put tighter controls on production to avoid further exchanges. It's not uncommon to make changes when a new product comes out. Many they catch and fix before you even know it. Just my opinion though... spent a lot of years in product support (IBM/ThinkPad at RTP just to name 1).

05-02-2017 02:32 PM
    If the fix doesn't work...your display is defective..return the device.....for those that it does work for..you have a good display...
    jjinal likes this.
    05-02-2017 02:35 PM
    Is it just my s8+, or are others full screen color balance flipped? For me when I move the slider to the right where it says warm, my display actually gets cooler, and moving it to the left where it says cool, my display gets warmer, like it's flipped. Very weird. Any of you experience the same?
    05-02-2017 03:18 PM
    You guys that have had the update.

Does your colour settings now show differently instead of just the x3 colour sliders.
    05-02-2017 03:25 PM
    I received 141MB update on TMobile this AM. Includes new color adjustments but security patch level remains April 1, 2017.
    Just installed the update with my buddies...
    05-02-2017 04:18 PM
    You guys that have had the update.

Does your colour settings now show differently instead of just the x3 colour sliders.
    This is how it looks after the update

PS: I have manually kept the red at minimum. Update had not changed any of the RGB color values they all were at max like before.

bandofbrothers2112 likes this.
    05-02-2017 04:21 PM
    It may take 10 minutes for the edge adjustments to apply? That's weird.
    05-02-2017 04:25 PM
    So before the update and the red slide all the way left, it was still red/pink? After did it widen the range to now completely eliminate any pink?

This is how it looks after the update

PS: I have manually kept the red at minimum. Update had not changed any of the RGB color values they all were at max like before.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...92055918b8.jpg
    05-02-2017 05:55 PM
    So before the update and the red slide all the way left, it was still red/pink? After did it widen the range to now completely eliminate any pink?
    No I didn't have any pink or may be my eyes can't see it. I was just playing around with the various sliders to see what setting I like.
    donm527 likes this.
    05-02-2017 05:57 PM
    It may take 10 minutes for the edge adjustments to apply? That's weird.
    The phone actually restarts and goes to a splash screen while applying the tweak. Took about 2 minutes.
    jjinal likes this.
    05-02-2017 06:21 PM
    I didn't have the screen problem but the update did fix the smart lock by location setting. It finally works now!
    05-02-2017 07:33 PM
    One thing I've noticed is if your screen has any pink tint it is primarily when you are looking at a white system screen. Once an app opens it
    changes the look of the whites. Is that because the apps overlay the system screen?
    05-02-2017 08:22 PM
    I have received the notification but have not yet updated. My display is actually fine and I have checked it against​several other at different stores.
    05-02-2017 09:07 PM
60 123