Galaxy S8 red tint fix is now rolling out to T-Mobile customers.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
This software update fixed any issue someone would have with the screen...i was able to customize it to my liking and to say the screen was flawless in the past....its even more flawless now

zigaliro

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
i still haven`t received an update, I only see reddish screen if I look from side, if I look directy at the phone, I can`t see any red. Will the update fix it when it arrives?

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
i still haven`t received an update, I only see reddish screen if I look from side, if I look directy at the phone, I can`t see any red. Will the update fix it when it arrives?

It's weird it didn't fix it for me. I have two s8+ and with stock setting one looks white and the other one redish. After the update I modified the settings of the redish one so it looks more or less like the other with stock settings (still white) but when looking at an angle, the one that is white with stock settings looks still white and the one that is white with modified setting still looks redish from the side. I won't move the slider even cooler because now it would look blue.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The update doesn't fix anything. It's lipstick for the pig. First of all, it only works if you have adaptive on. If you turn on the blue light filter or any of the other modes, the screen defect is back. I'm willing to bet that the next batch won't have this anymore. So if you're ever trying to sell this, re-sale value will be very low. I maintain my stance on this: get it exchanged until you have one without a faulty screen.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I was in an AT&T store swapping my S8+ for a G6 (today is my 14th day) when I read this thread. I told the rep I changed my mind and walked out. He literally LOL'ed.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The update doesn't fix anything. It's lipstick for the pig. First of all, it only works if you have adaptive on. If you turn on the blue light filter or any of the other modes, the screen defect is back. I'm willing to bet that the next batch won't have this anymore. So if you're ever trying to sell this, re-sale value will be very low. I maintain my stance on this: get it exchanged until you have one without a faulty screen.
It's all about properly tinkering with the settings...keep tinkering until you are satisfied. My screen was already flawless for the most part and I didn't even really have the red tint issue. The new update only made my screen even better.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site

Every S8 & S8+ will have this update and will have the same screen settings. There won't be any difference between those sold before the update and after. If you think Samsung changed the manufacturing process AND rolled out a software update you're kidding yourself. Samsung doesn't really consider this a very big deal.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If I got a phone with this issue I would return it until I got a good one rather than screwing around with software fixes that might not be permanent

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Every S8 & S8+ will have this update and will have the same screen settings. There won't be any difference between those sold before the update and after. If you think Samsung changed the manufacturing process AND rolled out a software update you're kidding yourself. Samsung doesn't really consider this a very big deal.

There are already reports that later batches don't have the issue. And again: the problem isn't fixed. It re-appears the instant you change the display mode or turn on the blue light filter

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Off the topic but when I was at the AT&T store I looked hard at the G6. I mean top, bottom, sides, back, software and all. It is a good looking device but next to the S8+ it looks 2 years old. The way the screen meets the body is totally old school. it doesn't blend together, the glass just ends and the metal sticks up above it. Then there's the black line all the way around the screen and those weird corners. It just doesn't compete with the Samsung.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
This update is actually pretty darn effective. I had an ever so slight reddish hue at the top and sides of the display, and adjusting the edges down one step cooler corrects the screens temperature balance. Solid, timely update from Samsung.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Of course there will be a change... there are some people like Erica the tech girl on Youtube saying didn't fix her issue and is exchanging it. The fix will work... on units where the display is not extremely out of tolerance. It's not a defect if it can be adjusted and fixed. For those where it doesn't will require an exchange. But they will put tighter controls on production to avoid further exchanges. It's not uncommon to make changes when a new product comes out. Many they catch and fix before you even know it. Just my opinion though... spent a lot of years in product support (IBM/ThinkPad at RTP just to name 1).

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
If the fix doesn't work...your display is defective..return the device.....for those that it does work for..you have a good display...

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Is it just my s8+, or are others full screen color balance flipped? For me when I move the slider to the right where it says warm, my display actually gets cooler, and moving it to the left where it says cool, my display gets warmer, like it's flipped. Very weird. Any of you experience the same?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star