Galaxy S8 red tint fix is now rolling out to T-Mobile customers.

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
New software update (May 5th) for edge color adjustment

Hey guys, is everyone receiving this update? I am with t-mobile it says the only change was screen color adjustment and after installing it now has a slider to adjust cooler or warmer screen (under advanced options you still see the RGB bars) plus now it has another slider to adjust the color of the edges only

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: New software update (May 5th) for edge color adjustment

I received 141MB update on TMobile this AM. Includes new color adjustments but security patch level remains April 1, 2017.

Attachments

• 3055.jpg
    3055.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 352

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site

I received the notification, haven't installed it yet

G4aol

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site

Mine is unlocked from the UK.
Still no update for mine even though it was allegedly released days ago.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

So does the update work in getting the red out??

visine_conform_24-0-00-11-06.jpg

Hey guys, is everyone receiving this update? I am with t-mobile it says the only change was screen color adjustment and after installing it now has a slider to adjust cooler or warmer screen (under advanced options you still see the RGB bars) plus now it has another slider to adjust the color of the edges only

UKgalaxy

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

Mine is unlocked from the UK.
Still no update for mine even though it was allegedly released days ago.
I'm with tesco and still waiting as well. Don't know what's causing the delay but wish it would hurry up as I want to see if it does correct the problem so that I can return the phone (3rd replacement) and go back to apple if it doesn't.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

I updated this morning as well. By moving the slider from cool to warn, I didn't see any change in the picture showing.
Also, the update changed my launcher to TouchWiz by default. When I clicked on Nova it went to Nova home screen. When I hit home again, it went back to TouchWiz home screen.
It normally asks you to pick a default when you do this. Not anymore. I had to go into Nova and manually change the default to Nova.
I noticed there was a TouchWiz Home update overnight as well.

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

I did not experience your issue. Nova stayed as my launcher post install of latest "red tint" update. Two things to note:

1. I did the Touchwiz update 2 days ago. Update showed up in Galaxy Apps on Sunday.
2. I'm on Nova 5.1 beta 6.

I updated this morning as well. By moving the slider from cool to warn, I didn't see any change in the picture showing.
Also, the update changed my launcher to TouchWiz by default. When I clicked on Nova it went to Nova home screen. When I hit home again, it went back to TouchWiz home screen.
It normally asks you to pick a default when you do this. Not anymore. I had to go into Nova and manually change the default to Nova.
I noticed there was a TouchWiz Home update overnight as well.

Ageeb

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site

I received 141MB update on TMobile this AM. Includes new color adjustments but security patch level remains April 1, 2017.

That's interesting. Mine was 138.43 on t-mobile S8+

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170502-084121.jpg
    Screenshot_20170502-084121.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 79

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Got it this morning at 5:00am when I woke up it was there asking me to update. Glad to report that the red tint (pink) in my phone's edges were easily fixed by just moving the slider one notch towards the left (cooler) from default, and no difference in colors with the change. So it seems that after all, Samsung really knew that it could have been fixed via a software update.

Last edited:

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
If you've got a pink/red screen, this should fix it. However, if you have that slight light bleed from the sides, you might want to exchange your device.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

I am out of the loop! I just got this last thursday, and compared to my Mate 9 I thought holy crap this looks red. So I went into settings and had to turn the red completely OFF. Glad it wasn't my old eyes. I got a security patch yesterday, no update though (AT&T)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt